My leukemia's back.

It's not hurting as bad today, where they pulled the tooth. Where they gave me the shots on Wed. is not hurting as bad either. That's good.

I began having to deal with the new specialty pharmacy for my new meds. Yes the insurance company approved the meds. Immediately, they pulled the approval. No one can figure out why, other than the person doing the approval, pushed the wrong button on the computer, cancelling it all out. Took an hour on the phone to get that fixed.

Today I work on getting approval for the co-pay. Due to the way the approval was done, the co-pay assistance was not transferred from the old meds to the new ones. That's all I have planned to do today, since I'm suppose to be taking it easy.

Diet: For today, I am to eat things like yogurt (no fruit in it), pudding, broths and creamy soups (but not too hot, no chunks in it), baked potato (again, not too hot). Last night I had Dd #1 go to the grocery store. I told her to look at the Yoplait Whips, any flavor, since they're light and smooth, but to check the dates on them. (We've discovered that Publix is putting some outdated things on their shelves, especially in the dairy dept.) She found a few that were not past their expiration date, and got them. They used to carry plain/vanilla yogurt in quart containers. No more. She did manage to get a few of them in the individual serving size.

She said the instant puddings, and jello shelf was empty. I was in luck, however, because I asked for the cook-and-serve type. She loaded up on that, both vanilla and chocolate. I do it in the microwave. It's quick, easy, and turns out just like having done it on the stove top. She managed to get some cream of chicken soup. I like cream of chicken soup, so I'll strain the chicken bits out of it, and that should give me a bit more substance for lunch.

Tomorrow I can resume normal activities within reason, and resume eating more normal foods within reason. That assumes I'm normal, and know what normal even looks like. I'm not so sure.

It's not hurting as bad today, where they pulled the tooth. Where they gave me the shots on Wed. is not hurting as bad either. That's good.

I began having to deal with the new specialty pharmacy for my new meds. Yes the insurance company approved the meds. Immediately, they pulled the approval. No one can figure out why, other than the person doing the approval, pushed the wrong button on the computer, cancelling it all out. Took an hour on the phone to get that fixed.

Today I work on getting approval for the co-pay. Due to the way the approval was done, the co-pay assistance was not transferred from the old meds to the new ones. That's all I have planned to do today, since I'm suppose to be taking it easy.

Diet: For today, I am to eat things like yogurt (no fruit in it), pudding, broths and creamy soups (but not too hot, no chunks in it), baked potato (again, not too hot). Last night I had Dd #1 go to the grocery store. I told her to look at the Yoplait Whips, any flavor, since they're light and smooth, but to check the dates on them. (We've discovered that Publix is putting some outdated things on their shelves, especially in the dairy dept.) She found a few that were not past their expiration date, and got them. They used to carry plain/vanilla yogurt in quart containers. No more. She did manage to get a few of them in the individual serving size.

She said the instant puddings, and jello shelf was empty. I was in luck, however, because I asked for the cook-and-serve type. She loaded up on that, both vanilla and chocolate. I do it in the microwave. It's quick, easy, and turns out just like having done it on the stove top. She managed to get some cream of chicken soup. I like cream of chicken soup, so I'll strain the chicken bits out of it, and that should give me a bit more substance for lunch.

Tomorrow I can resume normal activities within reason, and resume eating more normal foods within reason. That assumes I'm normal, and know what normal even looks like. I'm not so sure.
I hate how complicated everything is nowadays.

Prayers for swift healing

I got the co-pay thing done, and my new oral meds will be delivered on Tues. It wasn't so difficult, just very time consuming. Now, I can hopefully relax tonight, and through the rest of the weekend, letting things heal. I did a baked potato this evening, and was careful about shoveling it in my mouth. I have to rinse with salt water once more before bedtime.

I need some recliner time now.

I got the co-pay thing done, and my new oral meds will be delivered on Tues. It wasn't so difficult, just very time consuming. Now, I can hopefully relax tonight, and through the rest of the weekend, letting things heal. I did a baked potato this evening, and was careful about shoveling it in my mouth. I have to rinse with salt water once more before bedtime.

I need some recliner time now.
Praying the recovery is both fast and uneventful.

I woke up this morning with charlie horse type leg cramps. Been awhile since I've had one of those.

Last night, I ate my first solid food. I opted for plain grilled fish, no breading, no spices on it, cooked carrots, and mashed potatoes.
Glad you got to eat a good meal

Mom swore by a bar of soap under the fitted sheet by her feet for cramps. Was a certain brand I can't remember which one. I looked it up yrs ago and they said they don't know how it works but it seems to

Back
Top Bottom