My little girls got a present from Momma today!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Peaches and Princess, Cassidy and Sundance have been such good girls the last 8 weeks growing up, and behaving that I saw something today that I had to get them. Recently my WHITE Cochins found the dust box that belongs to the big girls. they get so bummed when they look across their pen and see it in the big girls pen and they cant get to it. I found one just their size...

The girls now have their own dust box.... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Princess loved it.

[​IMG]

2. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    hmm i gotta get my girls one.... [​IMG] princess looks so happy!!! [​IMG]

3. she was, and she was soaked from the rain. hm... lets see, um... water, dry peatmoss, long snow white feathers... UG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it was cute

4. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    You are the BEST chicken ma ever!

5. WKYChick

WKYChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    Oh my! I love it [​IMG] She looks so happy, you are the best momma [​IMG]

That is so adorable! I never thought about grabbing one of these sand boxes [​IMG] and I just saw someone throw away a topless one [​IMG] I could have built a little roof over it, hmmm, I think I know what I am doing tomorrow!!

6. * sigh* I try....

but thats NOT what May May tells me. She just bwaks away at me 24/7. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

On a side note, it was hysterical to see the look on my DH face when i pulled it out of the truck in front of him. He had this really scared look on his face and asked if I was pregnant. [​IMG]

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh how adorable. I think that is a wonderful giftee. I had a kiddie pool in my 12' x 12' coop back in Oregon and they loved it...it had sand, topsoil, DE and some grass clippings in it.

Shame on you for scaring your poor DH. LOL

8. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Mine love dust bathing in sand. I have a white chicken too and the sand shakes off pretty well. Might want to switch? You're a good chicken mama to give them such a fun gift.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Good way to recycle an old toy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by