My little naked necks

I still have no idea😭. I notice 1 getting a little red near the cheeks. 1 of them has more of a bib than the other. I love my NN but have enough roos. I would hate to have to rehome them
20201029_142342.jpg
20201029_144844.jpg
20201029_144906.jpg
20201029_145035.jpg

How old are they now? I'm thinking pullets, but the feathers on their heads do look a little shinny and their combs a little big. I looked at the picture showing the back, and doesn't look rooster. You are right about it looking a little red near the cheeks, but I'm still kind of leaning towards pullets.
The fowl pox sure has improved! They are looking more and more cute! :love

How old are they now? I'm thinking pullets, but the feathers on their heads do look a little shinny and their combs a little big. I looked at the picture showing the back, and doesn't look rooster. You are right about it looking a little red near the cheeks, but I'm still kind of leaning towards pullets.
The fowl pox sure has improved! They are looking more and more cute! :love
Thank you very much I love my little weirdos! Yes the pox cleared up very nicely. They are 9 weeks this weekend. Your points are exactly why im still confused. I feel like my NN roos were definitely bigger at this age and the red was very clear and showing by now. But ive also seen a few google pics of pullets that have it. I hope they ARE girlies🤞🤞🤞🤞

So i have these 2 im hoping are hens. But i have a feeling i might have 1 of each. They will be 6weeks this friday. I ThinkThe one with black on the tailfeathers is a roo. But the one with the smaller tail feathers is getting a little red near the ears. These are my 3rd and 4th naked necks my 1st 2nd are roos but I feel like they don't look similar to them at that age. Maybe im just being hopeful that they're pullets. Any input???
***Ps. Dont be alarmed by the pox im treating them best i can. Living in hot & Humid Texas doesn't help. keeping mosquitoes away is an ongoing battleView attachment 2364186View attachment 2364187View attachment 2364186View attachment 2364187View attachment 2364189View attachment 2364190View attachment 2364191. Ive had my share of chickens but naked necks are the only 1s I have this problem with. (Due to no feathers i know)My older roo had it before also but his cleared up already. I have these chicks away from all my older chickens so no spreading is going on.
They look like pullets so far

Back
Top Bottom