My little roo

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by stilldeb, Jun 5, 2010.

1. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    My little Frizzle roo - who right now is pretty darned nekkid and funny-looking, which I've been told is temporary - is very subservient to his "girls" - five mixed bantams - two Sebrights, one Silkie, one EE, one Polish. When the "chest-bumping" or challenging starts, he tries, but ends up cowering to whoever started it (and he is a teeny bit smaller than they are as well, which I'm sure doesn't help). Is he going to be a wimpy roo? He is extremely sweet and probably likes to be held more than any of them.

Deb G
    KY

[​IMG]

2. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    OMG! Who could not love that little guy? He might surprise you, though, and grow into a magnificent beast!

3. mrsp523

mrsp523 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Western Mass
    He is so cute...I think a little roo would be great, Im sure he will learn to hold his own! But what do I know...I'm new at all this.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    He's just a baby, he'll grow up and come to realize he's suppose to be in charge.
    He may always stay out of the hen fights though, if he's a smart roo. [​IMG]

5. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    He's not even fully feathered yet! Give him a chance to grow up some...he'll figure it all out![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by