my lost debit card used by some loser!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamagardener, Sep 25, 2010.

1. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Well yesterday I went to Olympia Sports in the mall with my three children. On the way out of the mall I must have dropped my debit card. Well someone scooped it up and went to tacobell, toysrus and a few other places. They only used it for a couple of hours...so they knew what they were doing. They must have figured they would get as much as they could before it was noticed and reported. Fortunately my husband goes on and checks everyday just for something like that...when he checked today we noticed it and called the bank right away. I guess we could consider ourselves fortunate that they didn't get really greedy.

Why are some people so low? I never would steal anything from anyone...I just don't understand some people!

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I have to say I have no idea why some people have to be scum bags. It sounds from what they bought that they were not very mature. I am so sorry that it happened to you.

3. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

That happened to me and several coworkers once. They caught this woman, who visited the nursing home where we worked and had one of my other coworkers steal our cards. She got off without jail time, though it wasn't her first offense. I felt very violated! My bank reimbursed me for over $400 of charges she had made before I reported it missing.

I don't know why people do these things but there are many out there who do....I just don't see HOW they can. How do they sleep at night? How do they get the nerve to hurt other people this way?

I think they should be publicly flogged by their victims. I think this would cut down on a lot of crimes if this could happen. [​IMG]

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

What an awful experience!!!!!
    [​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I so agree! I am so sorry that happened to you and your co-workers and she went unpnished.

I am glad it was caught before much damage could be done.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I wonder if the stores they went to have video cameras at the registers..... maybe the cops can see who used your card? Just an idea...

7. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

That is how they caught the one who stole mine. Got her right on film and still didn't put her in jail. They finally put her in jail when she walked out of a jewelry store wearing over $6000 of their jewelry on her person. She was a very attractive, blonde, slender and well-dressed woman...which is probably why no one suspected she would steal.

8. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    idk how but someone hacked into my grandparents account. they keep doing it. they have stolen thousands of dollars. at the same time my grandma isn't very smart about it. she continues to bank online and does change account numbers [​IMG]

idk why people are so low. it's so sad that people are like that.

9. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:my bank is always trying to tell how safe it is to bank online- no thanks, when my account gets flagged I will either be missing my card or it will be there fault.
    maybe you should help your gp to get a virus protector, not sure if that would help and teach them some method of changing their password each month. I had a co worker that had to change hers at work every 2 months, she used grandchildrens names usually in the month they were born but your gp could use something simple, backwards spelling of that month, or something simple but it changes.

10. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG] that is for stupid ppl...that just burns me up.. so sorry.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by