Wait till the get in water!!
I cannot wait. They already have me laughing out loud at their way of drinking, their chattering noises when hitting their bill against things, and their way of nibbling at just about everything.

They seem to love the sunshine coming in through the window.
E72B820F-0408-478F-B0B7-7BF2FA0B8254.jpeg

Also, they can look right out the window and up the hill and see their ‘duckling dormitory.’ That'll be the place where “all the girls will hang out!”
B4E19AEE-E35B-4F4C-BCDA-135520C49E2A.jpeg

NO BOYS ALLOWED!

I sing jump around to Mine but change the words to pound around. Sometimes they get their little feet going so fast, the dog needs to check if they are ok.
I can just picture that. Just a minute ago one of mine was standing on the plate that had a little egg and feed on it and all of a sudden the booger got a hair up her butt and took off. She slung food plum across the room, some of it hitting the side of the pool which scared the others. :gig That turned into a scurry around the pool.

I can just picture that. Just a minute ago one of mine was standing on the plate that had a little egg and feed on it and all of a sudden the booger got a hair up her butt and took off. She slung food plum across the room, some of it hitting the side of the pool which scared the others. :gig That turned into a scurry around the pool.
Wait until they stretch higher and higher and a little more higher to peek over the rim - and then fall on their backs and shoot poop across the room… :lau
I see that you have nice weather outside, if temperatures are in the 70's you can let them explore the outside world, especially a sunny spot on the grass - of course under your supervision. The sooner they are exposed to the outside, the faster their feathers grow, they get mini-grit into their gizzards and will just be more confident. - But you may not want them to grow out of the fluff-butt stage - ever?!?

Wait until they stretch higher and higher and a little more higher to peek over the rim - and then fall on their backs and shoot poop across the room… :lau
I see that you have nice weather outside, if temperatures are in the 70's you can let them explore the outside world, especially a sunny spot on the grass - of course under your supervision. The sooner they are exposed to the outside, the faster their feathers grow, they get mini-grit into their gizzards and will just be more confident. - But you may not want them to grow out of the fluff-butt stage - ever?!?
You are kidding about the poop shooting across the room, right? Maybe exaggerating a little? Oh boy! I’ve got a lot of duckie stuff to learn. But I’m game, only because they are beyond precious.

Speaking of flipping onto their backs, I’ve had two that flipped over on their back and seemed to not be able get flipped back over. I helped them both times. I’m sure they can flip back over themselves, but it just scares me.

We are supposed to be back up into the upper 70’s to 80’s beginning this weekend. It will be fun to let them see and feel the outside world.

You are kidding about the poop shooting across the room, right? Maybe exaggerating a little? Oh boy! I’ve got a lot of duckie stuff to learn. But I’m game, only because they are beyond precious.

Speaking of flipping onto their backs, I’ve had two that flipped over on their back and seemed to not be able get flipped back over. I helped them both times. I’m sure they can flip back over themselves, but it just scares me.

We are supposed to be back up into the upper 70’s to 80’s beginning this weekend. It will be fun to let them see and feel the outside world.

Dux poop 5 times their body weight everyday. The longest recorded dux pool travel 1427.3 ft in 0.04 seconds..

True fact.

Absolutely no kidding! My Spring Ducklings did that all the time, especially the White Layers because they were the most curious ones. They were shooting their poop-bombs three feet out of the kiddy-pool - or against the wall, depending on the direction.
My Indian Runners still do that from time to time: Standing as vertical as they can, then start preening their bellies and suddenly toppling over on their backs. Followed by a scared QUACK! and poop flying through the air. I was wondering why i was finding poop three feet up at the walls of the duck-house until i once witnessed the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom