Pics
B4 i gave the Niacin to my Spring Ducklings last year i tried it myself: Took about ½ gram in a cup of tea - Niacin tastes like Vitamin C. About 30 Minutes later i was glowing and my skin was itching. Went outside half naked to cool off (February!) and the snow melted 5 meters around me…
Don't know if duckies have the same reaction, some nights there was a strange light over the brooder in my office… :lau
As with Vitamin C, you (almost!) can't overdose using common sense.
To quote a nutrition book that I am currently reading: In large doses, it [niacin]produces a rush of blood to the skin surface with a flush and an associated tingling, painful sensation that is unmistakable. (Nutrition Concepts and Controversies; Third Edition; Hamilton, Whitney, Sizer) (I hope that I wrote that right -- I don't usually do quotes and such). I dunno about melting snow for five meters around oneself, but it certainly sounds like it'd be uncomfortable and unpleasant.

To quote a nutrition book that I am currently reading: In large doses, it [niacin]produces a rush of blood to the skin surface with a flush and an associated tingling, painful sensation that is unmistakable. (Nutrition Concepts and Controversies; Third Edition; Hamilton, Whitney, Sizer) (I hope that I wrote that right -- I don't usually do quotes and such). I dunno about melting snow for five meters around oneself, but it certainly sounds like it'd be uncomfortable and unpleasant.
Describes it pretty good! - Not too unpleasant and i heart that some people use it to keep their skin (look) younger… I take a Niacin tablet from time to time during winter, when i come back in and can't warm up again. I guess healthier than a glass of shine.

You Americans with your Ounces, Gallons and feet! :gig
No clue what 1.92oz means and i'm too busy to ask my friend google…
My Spring Ducklings had to sit in a bowl on the scale every single day and they hated it!
You can find the table with their incredible weight gain here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Ma9PCzFAQx09eoTrtiOrZp1m4k/edit#gid=915667380But i used the world standard weight unit of gram, so you may have to do some math…

For the Vitamin B complex: I would just dissolve some into their drinking water. - Yes, a lot will be wasted this way, but everybody will get some this way.
Another way is sweet potato puree with Vitamin B complex. The sweet taste of the potatoes masks everything and even the colour matches.
I will continue to measure in ounces because that is all I know; however, I will also post the weight in grams for all you ‘grammy people’, but only because my scales tell both.

I do now have the vitamin B in the drinking water.

Beings the niacin she bought is injectable it should have a dosage on it...

but for a bird weighing under two ounces it is most likely going to be a very minute amount.

I have the same bottle in my coop, I could go look, but I am waiting for my Johnny Cake to come out of the oven and kind of lazy so not in a walk to the coop mood.
I wouldn’t go either if I was waiting on a Johnny Cake! Care to share?

Oh, she's injecting the bird with niacin? I thought that she was injecting herself with niacin... oops. I guess that I got confused. Heheh, silly stupid me.
Bwahahaha! No niacin shots for me! I stupidly took some niacin capsules years ago and it just about sent me into oblivion. The tingling, the needles, the hair standing on end. No thank you! Woo!

Back
Top Bottom