Pics
Well, just to let y’all know, Twinkle died a little bit ago. I was pretty sure she was too far gone when I was tubing her, but not being as familiar with poultry as I am with mammals I just had to be certain. The little boogers look and act dead, but then all of a sudden give a burst of energy and make you second guess it. :idunno

Even though I was gonna make her a pet, she really was livestock, in Mother Nature’s eyes anyway. Only the strong survive in that world!

And here are the strong!
A10360A2-1949-4EE4-84EC-43E2C24FEDD7.jpeg

Even this young, they’ve been dying for my attention, trying to jump over the side of the pool while I was attending to the puny one. And Petey almost succeeded. Of course she was boosted up some already, standing on the waterer catch basin.

🎶🎵 There were six little ducks, swimming up a storm and one paddled too far away! 🎶🎵

Since my sidekick is almost 4 and knows we had a puny duckling, I can’t just make it go away this time. So this afternoon, we will have a little burial up on the hill behind the coops. Hey, look on the bright side, at least it won’t take a backhoe!
:eek:

There’s no time for crying over the little 5 day old duckling. Failure to thrive it is!

We have a worse problem going on in the world right now. Human kind needs our thoughts and prayers. Death is the worst, but so many are without work and that just breaks my heart...especially when there are animals that will suffer from not enough money to buy them food. That is what kills me!

Back
Top Bottom