The first one I processed tasted “weird,” even in a chicken casserole. I think that’s probably normal. Come to think of it, the first few fresh eggs I ate were iffy! That all passed. Now, I couldn’t eat a store bought egg if I had to. I don’t process enough birds to be able to not buy grocery store chicken, but the home grown variety does taste better...now!
The crazy thing is that my parents were raising wabbits for meat and i had no problems eating them.

I wish I had bought more than one when I purchased my first pool for them. Dumping the water several times leaves the thin plastic very weak and then it cracks. I swiped the pink pool from my DIL and now it sits inside the failed blue pool. There was nothing I did that fixed the two cracks in the blue pool. These things are much more cheaply made than they were just a few years ago. Same way with everything I suppose!
I don't lift the pool to dump it, i have installed a kitchen drain with a drainage pipe and a gate valve. I just have to open the valve and the muck disappears.

I don't lift the pool to dump it, i have installed a kitchen drain with a drainage pipe and a gate valve. I just have to open the valve and the muck disappears.
I did put a shower drain with a length of pipe and shut-off valve in the black tub I got from TSC. But since the little swimming pool is supposed to be temporary I didn’t put a drain in it. I do, however, siphon all but about a half inch of the water, which I dump out.

I’ve been meaning to post some more regarding these dang duck eggs today, but my broody hatched out all seven of her babies last night and this morning. Of course I’ve spent a good portion of the day up there with them.

And then to beat it all, there obviously was a little gust of wind that caught one of my umbrellas and caused one of my two remaining glass tables to shatter. This very thing happened on July 4th, 2018 shattering the first one. Now I only have one glass table. Yeah, I don’t think I’ll replace this last table with another glass one.

~~~~~~~~~

The last greenish egg I received was oblong, and when I cracked it Saturday (to bake a cake), it was a double yolker, but a strange one. Unfortunately I didn’t think to take a picture before I cracked it, but it looked weird.
07E14CB0-421B-4831-ACAB-9E757E38BD54.jpeg

The double yolk looked fused. I’ve never seen one like that.
18F00066-9473-4C0E-B984-894791C3DEDC.jpeg

I just found a picture I took of the oblong green egg before I cracked it. I didn’t think I made one. It is the one on the bottom. The “clean” egg on top turned out to belong to one of my Olive Eggers.
02326B70-04F1-4649-A3EB-4971E497661E.jpeg

So far I’ve not had any more green ones. This was what I found this morning. Can you see the little cream egg peeking through the straw? At least it wasn’t completely covered this time.
54856651-901E-4126-857B-84AEE020D669.jpeg

I will patiently wait on my little green egg to return!

Here are my crazy goonies just lounging around, all except Petey, she’s sleeping! #bigducksdontcare :lau
7F724A94-EC3B-49F5-9A5E-DCEEA741283A.jpeg

I have made some comparison pictures of the last three eggs I’ve received. (Thank you duckies!) Maybe I have been getting greenish eggs and didn’t realize it. These two have a dappling effect and are kind of greenish I guess.
E1697D66-989A-494A-AFA0-B338C6B10182.jpeg

When one of those is compared to the third one is when the greenish tint shows up, a little. The one on the right is definitely just a cream color.
C66A942A-38C5-4997-8ACB-A0B76D860839.jpeg

But it isn’t as green in comparison to the smaller one below.:idunno
8DD8E48F-A4FF-40DD-8C48-E28D60D94AF2.jpeg

My girls have a ways to go before they can fill up the duck egg cartons! :lau
E187F34A-3E34-4DD6-A824-C139F1274AE7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom