My Mean Neighbors are taking the next step! RANT!!!

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
Well, I have complained or stated a couple of times about my mean neighbors. They complain, make nasty remarks, etc. about my animals. I am in the county, there are no laws or restrictions, there are no covenants in the HOA. BUT, they have contacted a lawyer, we received a letter and they are making threats to do further action.
barnie.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
:

Last edited:
I wish you the best of luck! We live in Buncombe County. We had to get rid of our Great Pyrenees after the neighbor tormented him to barking and got us on barking dog ordinance.

Wow...but what can they really do?? I would think the most that could happen would be somebody coming out to inspect your set-up...to look for "suspicious" conditions. Make sure all the animals housings/pens are clean and orderly, not smelly, etc. When you see dog or cat people being investigated, the only ones you ever hear about getting in trouble are the ones who have 30 or 40 animals living in feces with improper water/food situations. The homes that get investigated and everythings in order??? You never hear of those, because there's nothing wrong with what they're doing. Sorry you have crappy neighbors...
smack.gif
and sorry that you may be out money if you have to hire someone too...

I too wish you luck with the whole thing. The only thing about your problem is the lawyer that is involved which in any case means money. I hope all turns out well and keep us posted. jeff

We have a crappy nieghbor doors down, apparently she has no kids and feels that when you raise your voice at a kid it's abuse, she called the cops when I yelled for my boys to come home from the park and yesterday she called the cops when I yelled at my son to go outside because he was trying to get under my rabbit hutch when I was moving it ( he's 11!) , we also got a humane society call that our rooster makes noise( he's inside our home until 10-11 ish and that they live in a garbage can, needless to say both the police and the humane society felt this was stupid, now waiting for the CPS calls because our house it loud!( only 2 families on our street have kids me and my other nieghbor when we combine them we have 9 kids in our yard ! I hope that they find nothing wrong with your animals and the complaint is unfounded.BTW if you are a farm they can't sue for noise or smell...

Don't feel bad I have a neighbor that says its the country and it should be quiet.
By the zoning regs where I live I can have up to 50 poultry. It does not state only hens.

So after my husband got in a shouting match with the nut case over my two roosters that are over an acre and a half away from his property. My husband told him if he ever opened his mouth again we were getting 50 rooster and putting them at the end of our property which would be right in front of his house.
He started in a few weeks later and I told my husband to just call the cops. The nut case got hauled off to jail for disturbing the peace and being aggressive towards a State Trooper. Oh and while the cops were at my house I showed them the roos and where they stay. They also crowed and the cops couldn't understand what the guys problem was. Even if I let free range you still can just make out them crowing.

I wish you luck in fighting this neighbor of yours.

Back
Top Bottom