My Meyer Chick Order

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by winecountrychic, Feb 13, 2013.

1. winecountrychic

winecountrychic New Egg

Jan 28, 2013
    I just wanted to put a little hope out there for everyone who has chicks on order. I live in Southern California and ordered my chicks from Meyer because they had all of the breeds I wanted. I was extremely nervous because of some of the posts I had read on here about chicks DOA and called them about 5 times to ask questions and they were always very helpful. The chicks shipped out Monday morning and this morning (Wed) my post office called me just before 7am to come and pick them up. All 17 survived the trip and are cheeping, eating, drinking and pooping.

1 person likes this.
  2. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    So good to hear and congrats on the new chicks!! I'm getting 15 from Meyer next month and I'm only one state away so hopefully all goes well.

3. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Overrun With Chickens

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan
    That's good to hear! I also ordered chicks from Meyer. I chose a May shipment because I was worried about how they would do with the cold. I'm also only getting 10 chicks. They should be fine because I live one state away from Meyer Hatchery, so it should just be an over night shipment. We shall see!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by