My MIL is the coolest!

What a wonderful MIL you have! So very thoughtful...
smile.png

Quote:
Has anyone offered to clean her house for her? If she's sick she probably doesn't have the energy to do it herself.

The reason I ask is my MIL was the same way....a chain smoker but a wonderful woman and we really loved her very much. She also was dieing of lung disease and her house was always a fright because she didn't have the energy to clean it. All us "kids" would pile in there a couple of times a year and clean it up and paint the walls otherwise I'm sure her house would have been the same way.

My kids loved their Granny and stayed over at her house every chance they got. I wouldn't have let them stay in a house in that condition but if you don't have the time to clean it yourself maybe you could hire someone to come in and clean it for her.

Quote:
Thank you...want a wonderful thing to say but I didn't do it all by myself. She had 4 children and all the kids and their spouses pitched in to help. She was a wonderful mother to her children, a wonderful MIL and a wonderful grandmother. She's no longer with us and we miss her very much.

Treasure her. I was just getting to know my MIL when she was diagnosed with Alzheimers/dementia. We became instant caregivers. It sucked. I resent the fact that I could never have a relationship with her outside of the Alzheimers issues. I think we had a lot to offer each other.

Back
Top Bottom