My mom is so annoying sometimes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think my mom was ever really annoying, so much as annoyingly RIGHT. We always had a great relationship. She could trust me to do as I was told whether she was home or not. I could trust her to hear me out when I made a mistake. Sometimes my honesty was rewarded with no punishment even though I was wrong. Other times, I had to face consequences. I could always trust her to be fair. Sometimes my mistake wasn't as big as it could have been, and she was proud that I corrected myself before things got really messed up. The question is, are you mature enough to trust her judgement? If she is telling you to rob a bank or do drugs then you would be wise NOT to listen to her, but if what she is saying and doing is for your benefit, you would be wise TO listen to her.

As for your blurb on your signature... I have wanted chickens (and every other kind of farm animal you can imagine) since I was 4 or 5 years old. I even told my dad that I would move out to the country when I grew up and live on a big farm. This is my first year to have chickens. If you really want them, you will not forget about wanting them, and you will work towards making that happen. It may take a lot of work too. I hope you are sincere about it. (And crying about it won't help...
wink.png
Good luck!!!

It is possible your mom has a personality type or a personality disorder that is overly controlling (ie. OCPD). It is also possible that there are communication gaps on both sides, or that things just feel very personal right now that aren't meant to be. It is very hard to tell from an internet posting. If possible, find a *good* counselor at your school who you can talk with. Regardless of what the situation actually is, finding someone who is mature and gives good advice is invaluable to help with the process of growing into an independent individual, and can help greatly with our frustrations.

Quote:
Um.. i wouldnt put that stuff in a childs head about their parent.
Guess the next thing this kid is going to throw up in their parents face??
"Mom, i think you have a personality disorder"...
Wait for it...
pop.gif

Perhaps if it was worded, "you're mom has a personality disorder", I would agree. However, it was, I believe, clearly worded to say "it is impossible to tell where the communication gaps are from an internet post, and whether it is your mom, you, or both who are not thinking in a fair manner or are having trouble seeing eye to eye. Please find someone in person you can speak with who will help guide you in a responsible and trustworthy manner". Honestly, I wish I had known about personality disorders and other disorders as a kid. It would have made my life a ton easier, and led to healthier development. Not just in recognizing them in people around me, but the textbook case of 'social anxiety/phobia' I have personally.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, this is the internet, and Yes we are only hearing the OP's side. However this particular OP has a very "whiny" nature in every single post. Therefore it is easy to assume, this OP is a whiny person that perhaps is a bit spoiled, because in every single post, that is how they come across.

Yes, this is the internet, and Yes we are only hearing the OP's side. However this particular OP has a very "whiny" nature in every single post.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this negates the statement I made. Whiny and immature, if indeed those are personal traits (I don't like getting personal, especially on an Internet forum), is not grounds for completely dismissing or ignoring the feelings and comments of another. Those traits can indicate insecurity, and certainly do not exclude environmental influences, or negative influences from others. They can be very real feelings, even if they seem ridiculous to others. Suggesting that someone sit down with a reliable person in real life does not mean failing to put whatever the situation is into perspective, but rather, fields such as counseling often use understanding to help build a safe environment where a person can truly address and confront their feelings, whether justified or not. This aids greatly in personal growth. I have never known shutting someone down with a, "you're concerns are invalid, grow up" to actually cause change in a healthy manner. Were it the mother posting with concerns, I would have the same suggestion for her.​

Last edited:
hugs.gif

First of all, I'll say good luck.
I used to be a lot like you, I'd think my parents were out to ruin my life and they never wanted to listen to my viewpoint. Now I'm a few years older (and too busy with exams to worry about family disputes much
lol.png
) I can sorta see where they're coming from. They want you ultimately to grow up and be able to support yourself: that's why they're so stingy about grades. My parents are exactly the same. Perhaps not so much screaming every time I get below an A+, but they certainly have very high expectations for how I do at school.
As for moving all the time, it happened to me too. I used to think a lot of my past homes were the best place for me. Now I'm here I found that I'm having an absolute blast of it. It took a couple of years getting used to, but now that I look back, I have NO regrets not staying behind at my old place and "moving in with a friend", like I'd begged my parents to let me do. I was 11. I'm glad I came.

Ok that's enough. I guess we don't remember when we were young.

Thanks to those of you who were kind and understanding of youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom