My mom is strange LOL

Hey Darlene, I was thinking the same thing, it must be a NC redneck thing.
big_smile.png

but then again, you are somewhat centrally located in NC. After living in the mountains of NC for most of my life, when I moved to the coast of NC I was like huh? what did you just say???
hu.gif

Now at 45 I'd have to say my speech is a combination of mountain dialect, coastal dialect, and since both my parents were from up north, there's a bit of yankee in there too! Now I live in Arkansas. Most people I meet when I talk to them the first time they just nod their heads alot and say aha, aha.
roll.png

My mom's favorite is "Sh** or get off the pot". (need to make up your mind)

Really though, some of these make me feel old.. I use them myself!

My fav is "A few ants short of a picnic". "Dumb as a box o' rocks" is another one we use here.

Meghan

I swear I've heard about 98% of these in my lifetime...
"A few fries short of a Happy Meal"
"Dumb as the day is long"
"Gone around the bend"
Means you're stupid, period or just out of your mind.

I LOVE that Nyquil commercial.
love.gif

"gritsar
E-mail PM Re: My mom is strange LOLbut then again, you are somewhat centrally located in NC. After living in the mountains of NC for most of my life, when I moved to the coast of NC I was like huh? what did you just say???
Now at 45 I'd have to say my speech is a combination of mountain dialect, coastal dialect, and since both my parents were from up north, there's a bit of yankee in there too! Now I live in Arkansas. Most people I meet when I talk to them the first time they just nod their heads alot and say aha, aha. "

aha aha aha!!!!
yuckyuck.gif

always used to tell my teenagers, "I might be slow, but I ain't stupid!" means, it might take me a couple days, but I will catch ya.

And my mama used to tell us when she caught us at something, "A little birdie told me".

Back
Top Bottom