My mom the negative one... kinda long rant

I miss my mom (gone 11 years). She was negative alot and I soon learned to not share my personal life with her. I also tried to let it go in one ear and out the other.

From someone who lost her mom at age 65 I will tell you I am glad I tolerated her and continued to show her my love. So many days I wish I could call and talk to my mom.
hugs.gif
We are only blessed with one mother in this life so I made the best of it.
love.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My dhs mom is the same way. Everytime she sees me she says in a snide catty way oh is that new. Oh did you just get your hair done ect. So one day she said oh are those new glasses hubby turns to her and says WHY YES THEY R i bought my wife new glasses they are Prada and cost $1400.00 dont they make her look sexy LMAO. No they did not cost that much but hubby is tired of her sticking her nose in out biz. They even went so far as they told dh 15 yr old at the time you dont have to listen to your parents when you turn 16 you can move out and the Canadian Goverment will give you social assistance NICE just what we want a 16 yr old on wellfare. Needless to say she planted the seed dhs sisters watered the seed saying the same thing and at 16 he moved out to live with bio. Who has never paid child support in 16 yrs and was not in there life till he moved out. So when he left he left all his stuff behind told dh to kiss it and that his mom would buy him all new. So he was gone i guess over a yr when last yr when we were 800 miles away DHS mom and DHS dad with 17 yr old broke into my house to get his stuff. they went threw my whole house. After that we were buying his parents house we told them get out of our rent house you can have the house bk. We moved bk to our old house sold it and moved almost 2 hrs away. They have a gerneral idea of where we live but got that info via 3rd party . After yrs and yrs of her neg comments and in our biz we just dont have much to do with them. Oh and this yr dhs son asked to come bk home cause bio would not buy him a new truck we said no we cant go threw that Plus he cant follow our house rules. So Grandma took him in and bought him a 15k truck and whatever he wants she pays the payments he does not work OH and she lets his gf sleep over with him. What we both learned from this is cut out the neg and stress in your life . My life is so much more drama free now that we hardly see them. Now mind you she never had much to do with my kidos so they feel no real loss.

feel free to rant away been there and its good to vent

Starry enjoying a drama free life

I'am a negative mom.... Are you sure you want to marry him? He doesn't have a job,hes fat and he stinks....
I won't like him until he gets a job....
He didn't have a job when they were easy to get...
I will not take you to the mall or out to eat when your hair looks horrible comb it perm the nappy mess...
No I will not give you money if you need food I will buy the food no money in your pocket unless he earns it....
No I will not buy you a transmission for your car.... I just bought you a battery and when spouse was told I would pay him 8.00 a hr to paint and do yard work he said no...
No...
No sorry....
I told you no....
get a job...
Hehehe

I could understand being negative if I was not responsible but aside from about two months this winter when my DH's job cut hours from 40 to 25-30 hrs a pay check we've not needed any help. Not to mention when this happened I went and got a part time job, which I still have. Even when we did we only took it if she offered it we never asked for it. We never took money we only took the stuff from when she cleaned out her pantry (she goes on a diet every other months so is constantly giving away food, she's done this my whole life). And the big thing is we never got behind any bills. Yes they were a bit late (a week or so) but never shut off. Once tax return came in we paid all debt (minus car and house) and paid over on all utilities.

I remember being little and my mother telling creditors "we didn't pull your name out of the hat so you don't get paid this month." She as always behind and got into alot of debt. I even remeber her borrowing money from my friends in high school to make ends meet. She always paid them back but it was embarassing.

Back
Top Bottom