My mum is very depressed and in hospital/stroke?

Hi, I won't tell you sad stories, or guess at why she has changed. I'm sorry you and your mum are dealing with this.
After her brain workup, you might want to think about antidepressants. Depression can take the life right out of you, and leave you far from what you used to be mentally. And between a surgery a few years ago, and family members dying, it might have overloaded her.
I hope she makes some improvement. I have a mother I love very much too.

Quote:
Thankyou ,well guess what, she was on antidepressants and she had such a cocktail of pills that they put her in hospital to sort them all out, that is why she went in there.
I hope they work out some sort of medication asap.
Mum was on sleepers, uppers, painkillers, the lot.
I hassled her about it and she just fought with me.
I hate taking meds, I went of all my MS meds and feel much better.
They did say she had bipolar, but thats crap cause Ive seen that too and mum isnt that bad.
She is depressed yes, but she has no life, no one to keep her busy, she needs to find something to keep her very occupied. My grandma in England played Bridge at 99 until she fell out of bed and broke her ribs, then pnumonia got her, very sad, but i feel i have her genes, she loved animals too.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Hope your day is going better. Sorry to hear about your mom and your family will be in my prayers. I had a stroke last year and it is hard to deal with at first. My step-mom is going through a battle with cancer right now and she said something that really rang true with me yesterday. Everyone feels for her and tries to help as much as they can, but when she is having an especially bad day and someone tells her " sorry I know what you are going through" it kind of gets to her. Nothing bad but she knows people feel bad for her but without going through it yourself you can't really know how it feels. It kind of struck me because I could not find the right words to express that feeling myself last year. The stroke does not just mess with you physically it gets you mentally too. My left side of my face drooped pretty bad and it took a while to regain the use of everything on that side but that was just what everyone saw. It did not bother me as much as you would think. The mental part was the hardest. My mind was foggy a lot and I could not get my thoughts together right for a little while. Sometimes I would be thinking one thing and the words that came out would be completely different. I knew what I said was wrong but could not make my mind let me say the thing I wanted to say. The anger part came from this and some people thought I was angry with them, but it was me I was angry with for not being able to do or say what I intended to. It took a while to get through that part but it really takes a toll both physically and mentally and more time than I realized to get strength built back up. I probably have seemed to ramble on so I will just say don't take anything said for a while to heart and just be there for her, as we all know you will be, she is a little older than me so I won't pretend to know how hard it will be or how long it will take but just know even when she says things that don't sound like her the thoughts are trying to come out better. Good luck to her and your entire family and Have a Blessed Day. T C

Just some (((hugs))). I take care of my folks, both in their 80's, and know how mentally draining it is when things are not going well and we are helpless to remedy the situation. Hopefully your mum will start to feel better, and things will improve.

- Michelle

Thankyou to my lovely friends,
I think she is ok, mum phoned me twice today to see how her little dog was doing here, Hes going really great, I just have to get used to barking and fluffing!!!
Mum has been in and out of Hospital for so long that I guess i have become accustomed to it.
I guess that she is in very good hands , and is safe there.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sorry about your mum. You have such a kind heart and I know you will do your best for your mum. You are also a very positive person and I'm sure that will rub off on her as well. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom