My Muscovy neck and throat area has no feathers, why?v

katherynmghr2

Chirping
Jan 30, 2022
I noticed my drake Muscovy has lost and or plucked out his neck/throat area, What could this be from? I put Banixx and let it dry overnight, and in the morning put him in the pool. Gave him vitamins in his water with mealworms so he would get some of the vitamin water in him..... I also put down the powder Diatomaceous earth.

I noticed my drake Muscovy has lost and or plucked out his neck/throat area, What could this be from? I put Banixx and let it dry overnight, and in the morning put him in the pool. Gave him vitamins in his water with mealworms so he would get some of the vitamin water in him..... I also put down the powder Diatomaceous earth.
Are you able to post a photo?

How old is he? Do you have any other drakes? Do you have any bossy females? A photo would definitely help us give advice.

He is 3 yo, yes the other drake does not have it and is separated from him (by poultry fence), no bossy females since Lucy is raising two ducklings (will be 1 month old Monday). He is my rescue since someone hurt him intentionally with his left wing which is cut off.

Attachments

• Sept 2023 3.jpg
    Sept 2023 3.jpg
    805.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Sept 2023 1.jpg
    Sept 2023 1.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I don't think he could do this to his throat or neck area. unless he is scratching them out. Have you looked him over for mites? He is certainly a handsome boy. Very sad to hear someone intentionally hurt him. Bless you for rescuing him.

He is 3 yo, yes the other drake does not have it and is separated from him (by poultry fence), no bossy females since Lucy is raising two ducklings (will be 1 month old Monday). He is my rescue since someone hurt him intentionally with his left wing which is cut off.
Poor boy! So glad he has you to love and care for him. How long has be been with you? May be mites, per Miss Lydia. Maybe just the beginning of a molt. Keep him safe and happy and see what happens

I don't think so It really isn't good for much except sprinkling in a feed bag to help keep the feed fresh longer.
There is Poultry dust garden centers or feed stores and Poultry protector both work real good at killing mites.

Back
Top Bottom