My naked neck has red spots

purplehen13

Hatching
May 16, 2016
Hello!

I adopted 3 naked neck chicks about 3 weeks ago. They are about 4-6 weeks old. I've been keeping them segregated, today I notice that 2 of them have red spots on their head. Is this normal or something that should concern me?
I thought at first it was just bug bites, because black flies are horrible here, but now I'm starting to doubt myself.
They have medicated feed, vitamins In the water. DE to dust in (you know, all the standard new chick segregation stuff).
I'm just concerned about it spreading to the others.anyone have any thoughts? Am I worries for nothing?

Hello!

I adopted 3 naked neck chicks about 3 weeks ago. They are about 4-6 weeks old. I've been keeping them segregated, today I notice that 2 of them have red spots on their head. Is this normal or something that should concern me?
I thought at first it was just bug bites, because black flies are horrible here, but now I'm starting to doubt myself.
They have medicated feed, vitamins In the water. DE to dust in (you know, all the standard new chick segregation stuff).
I'm just concerned about it spreading to the others.anyone have any thoughts? Am I worries for nothing?

NNs do get red spots on their heads and necks when they are hot. it might be hormonal as well.

Thanks everyone. It's been really hot and sunny here lately, the few random.spots turned into a completely red head. Almost like they are sunburnt. Aside from their red head, they have no symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom