Not open for further replies.

oesdog

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Ireland
news from the oes.
caf.gif

I am at the moment looking out of my office window watching the Bxxxxard - felling the loveliest tree line that has taken years to grow. Because it backs onto my property I have had the wonderful privilege of watching them grow and through the seasons, when they are covered in snow or bursting into leaf. Now that is going in an instant of selfish madness. I have been watching the crow’s nest in those trees for as long as I have been here ( ok they are crows but its not their fault they were not born something else!) - They do a spectacular fly past over the house as they go to roost. This new neighbor has cut every single plant and I mean every single plant from the garden. He is like some mad nature terrorist. He wanders about with his chain saw and then lights big fires to burn the evidence! This cause issues to everyone else. The environment officer has had to come out to him a few times, but has to wait till he does it three times before fining him. I have never been able to see into that yard before as there was once a perfusion of trees and bushes and an abundance of flowers, birds and wildlife now it is all stumps and death.

The tree line is fast disappearing - it must be at least 50/60 yrs old but he doesn’t care. He doesn’t care that his burning upset the birds right on nesting and now he is just felling the trees with all the baby birds in who are on the verge of flight.

I don’t know this man but I hate him already, I hate him from a distance because I can’t stop him. A big part of me just wants to put some lead between his stupid ears! But I guess that would make me worse than him so I just sit and watch with frustrated impotence. I can see the nests crashing to the ground and all I want to do is grab him by the neck and thrust his stupid head right into all those broken eggs and baby birds that are dying. DH went to see him a few weeks back and he was all threatening and nasty. The environment officer came and he got an earful from the fellow too. I know nothing that I say will save what is left of the trees and the birds have been frightened away now, after all of his burning and felling. I hate him.

He is a killer of the worst kind. - If these folk want a flat concrete jungle then why don’t they stay in the city? instead they come here a buy lovely old houses with beautiful mature gardens and decimate them in some macabre brutality against nature and anything living.

I so want one of the trees to fall on (well DH says his house ) but I wish one would fall on him and that the last thing he sees in this world is a poor chick glaring back at him - maybe even an upset mother bird might prune him a bit by plucking his eyeball out!

Ok OES is really a calm nice person – so sorry if I offend anyone while I am venting!!!!!!! Why are folk like him born??????? And why do folk like him end up with lovely land they don’t care about or want??? And why do folk like us struggle to even get a small piece of land that isn’t big enough for our needs!!!!!! I want big trees!!!!!!! Why did they have to darn grow in his land and not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oes
hit.gif

If its on your property do something about it. He has the right to get rid of unwanted trees as long as it doesn't go against any ordinances or state law. You could always plant some new trees on your property and get the enjoyment from watching them grow again.

He probably just bought a new chain saw and thinks hes Mr Woodsman. Cutting everything in sight
.I had a neighbor that did the same years ago ,I saw it..the tree almost did fall on him!
As it happens it fell on his new metal shed instead as he ran for it...Bent the roof all up badly !!Funny
That guy sounds a little off to me.
And sure .No regard to nature
Yes plant new in your own yard..maybe some fast growing if they arent too close to the house.

If its on your property do something about it. He has the right to get rid of unwanted trees as long as it doesn't go against any ordinances or state law. You could always plant some new trees on your property and get the enjoyment from watching them grow again.
2x

They are sadly on his land - new trees? - lovely idea but I will be long dead by the time they reach the beauty and hight of those!!!!!! This man has actually killed every living thing on his plot like he is completely mad. All that is left is stumps everywhere. He has been burning these and sending clouds of smoke over all the neigbors gardens whethere they have children playing , washing out or simply enjoying a nice afternoon BBQ. He doesn;t care.

In this country nesting birds are supposed to be protected and this is nesting season here. Even if he has the "right" to kill trees. He does not have the right to disturb nesting birds.

Oes

He probably just bought a new chain saw and thinks hes Mr Woodsman. Cutting everything in sight
.I had a neighbor that did the same years ago ,I saw it..the tree almost did fall on him!
As it happens it fell on his new metal shed instead as he ran for it...Bent the roof all up badly !!Funny
That guy sounds a little off to me.
And sure .No regard to nature
Yes plant new in your own yard..maybe some fast growing if they arent too close to the house.

Sadly my yard is not a big area so the trees I plant are small fruit ones. We have cherry, apple, and damson and plan a plumb and pear. But they are not like the lovely old big trees are they! I somehow don;t see a flock of birds nesting in my spindly young apple tress anytime soon!

Oes

I am a logger and make a living cutting down trees and this scenario is all too familiar.

I see it from the other side and usually tell people to plant their own trees.

I feel that if anyone uses lumber and the other byproducts of trees then they really have no gripe.

I also know how you feel and can only tell you they are his trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom