MY NEIGHBORS CAT!!!!!

Quote:
WOW, another side of the story. Regardless, folks need to be responsible for their own animals and not let them infringe on their neighbors. Most BYCers DO take their neighbors into consideration when it comes to keeping chickens. Maybe you should let your neighbor know you don't appreciate their chickens on your property. If this doesn't work, call animal control.
Good Luck with your situation.
BTW, I can't stand it when people let their cats or dogs run around unrestrained/unsupervised and then act surprised when their animals are picked up as a "nuisance stray" or have injured or killed someone else's pet.

*edited to remove most of the icky stuff*

Last edited:
The problem goes both ways Why don't you all live trap the cat - and take it to the animal control - rather than sicking your dogs - poisoning with antifreeze, shooting, no telling what else.

Really, if you put your coop out there - and it's too close to your neighbor's - the cat doesn't know it's not part of their yard - and it's just asking for trouble - and it's almost like an invite. Neighbor's don't like crowing at 4:00 a.m. in the morning either.

And some of the other people should have read the guidelines before posting on this really disturbing thread.

I don't abuse any type of animals, and neither should any of you.

Quote:
no one is abusing animals in this thread....my COOP is far away from the neighbors but she lets her cats go where they please...hence my LGD has every right to protect our livestock from predotor,what ever they may be....
i HAVE talked to her about keeping her cats home and she refuses so hence one cat has died by my dog.

Her dog is bred to protect livestock. It's in the dog's nature to attack the cat just as it is in the cat's nature to kill the chicks. To be honest we should probably look at the neighbor who keeps her cats outdoors where they'll live an average of 2-5 years. Two of the cats are pregnant and the kittens will be born into this life. At least one from each litter will die before it reaches 6 months old. These cats will not know the simple pleasures and comforts of life because their owner does not want to take care of them. If you want to talk about cruelty the neighbor is a pretty good example.

Quote:
More of an urban myth than anything else. The chicken won't explode if it eats uncooked rice. Worst that could happen would be an impacted crop. There's a link with more info on the myth.

ooh okay..whew!..thanks!....i give mine rice sometimes...
smile.png
..........now another question... why would nettie,...that says.."I dont abuse any type of animals;and neither should any of you!"...mention she/he is glad to know that rice kills chickens?....
hu.gif
...Wendy

Redhen - Sounds like she has a rude chicken neighbor judging by her first post. She's probably really frustrated by having the chickens tear up her yard and her neighbor not giving a darn.

nettiemaria - Sorry if it should be a he instead of a she. I would call animal control out and report the problem. You have every right to enjoy your yard without your neighbor rudely allowing his/her flock to destroy it. The vast majority of this board would never allow their flock to destroy someone elses yard. Could you elaborate on the problem you're having? Are the chickens flying the fence to get to your yard or does your neighbor even have a fence?

ooh yes..well now i see a bit clearer...i to would be frustrated with a rude neighbor that lets their chicken/cats run free in my yard....so i do understand that bit....
big_smile.png

If an animal is killin your stock, you have a right to kill that animal. So, nettiemaria, my dear, in your opinion, if coyotes are eatin my chickens, sheep, and cattle, basically the way I make my livin, I caint kill 'em? After all, coyotes have to eat to, huh? What if it came and killed your family pet who you've had for 15 years? You'd be singin a much different tune then. We have the right to protect our stock, and we talk about ways of doin so that work. If that bugs ya, kindly stay off the topic.

And aint no one talkin about abusin animals. For God's sake they aint talkin about tyin it upside down from a tree and shovin firecrackers up its behind! Thats torture. Shootin aint torture (though I admit I aint crazy about the antifreeze poisonin method.)

And cats go EVERYWHERE! It dont matter if the coop was camo'd and in the very back corner of the yard, a cat would still find it.

And I to find it wierd that ya dont agree with buggin animals but your glad to find out that rice kills chickens... Are you kiddin me?

Sorry for rantin yall, its been a long day, and I'm just sick of all the
he.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom