My new and adorable Silkie/something mutt baby!!! Pics...being a BRAT!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by luvmychicknkids, Apr 8, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I got the most adorable little cutie pie today!!! She is definitely a Silkie mix and who knows what the other parent was. She is solid black, feathered black feet but no extra toe, she has a mohawk instead of a full head of "hair". She is just a sweetheart. Loves to be held and cuddled. Here is the little doll....in the second pic she discovered the plants I am sprouting (baby chickens and baby food in the same room....uh oh). She is standing on pumpkins and leaf lettuce. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

that's so sweet! Shes' a cutie for sure!

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks. [​IMG] I had absolutely no intention of getting more chickens but she is exactly the right age to go with some I have and she was sooooooo cute I just couldn't put her down!!! [​IMG]

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    CUTENESS!!! so shiny!!!! [​IMG]

she looks mix with some kinda small breed like bantam but i could be wrong LOL

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yeah, she really does. She is the same size as (actually smaller than one) my 4 week olds but I really feel she is older than that.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    yea she looks older than 4 weeks because when my chicks were 4 weeks theys till has some fuzz left and she doesn't .. she look like around 7 and 81/2 to me

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yes, I think you are pretty close on her age. I have some 8 week olds right now too and she reminds me a lot more of them than the 4 week olds except for her size. I am eager to see her grown. She may be a perfect buddy for my tiny Jap Bantam.

8. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    lol how you like that tiny patch of feathers on the head.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    She's adorable. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by