My New Aviary (PICS)

tiffanyh

Songster
12 Years
Apr 8, 2007
Connecticut
Not sure if this is in the right category. It is a run, but for finch and quail....
hmm.png

Anyway, I finished (my father and I) my hexagon aviary today. He hav e been working on it for a while, we brought it over this morning to finish off.

It was a B*&CH to figure the angles on. The whole thing is hardward cloth..including under the "roof". The roof is a marine fabric umbrella (SUNBRELLA). We used that instead of shingles to keep the weight down to make it moveable for the winter. It was inexpensive to buy, so well see how it wears and replaced it with something else if it doesn wear well. The underneath has wire so we can do that without upseting the birds. The floor is decking board with slate pieces on top. I am going to seal it before winter with colored stain...

I have my button quail in the bottom and I have 4 finch that came from a local animal control in the top. (well they can go everywhere).

In this one, you can see my goat pens up in the back......

I am going to clean up the area around it. Put some posts arond and what not.

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
Very cool! I met a lady once who had something very similar to that only just a little larger. She had a couple of bantams in it. It sat in the corner of her garden. I thought it was the coolest thing, I've never forgotten it.

Its kind of an ingored part of the yard, so now I am going to put some time into that area to make it feel more like a garden.....I dont know ifyou can tell by looking at it but it is kind of a landing in between two stair cases. They lead up to the top of the hill where to goats are. It is a neat little spot.......there is slate alreday laid down on the ground like a patio......

Last edited:
Very pretty and your birds will love it!

I just finished a 4x8' aviary for my parakeets and it took about a day, but they are really enjoying it now (once the shock of 'hey, I CAN really FLY!' wore off...)

Back
Top Bottom