My New Babies from Ideal! :) -Pic Heavy!-

CBee

Songster
11 Years
May 11, 2008
Asheville, NC
WARNING: Too many fluffy butts! Cuteness overload!
S5032212.jpg

They are too cute!
jumpy.gif
I was scared too death to open the box for fear of dead babies, but all were alive and healthy! It was a blessing, to be sure.

They enjoy listening to Coldplay and Yin Yang Twins.
cool.png
What can I say? I just have some cool chicks.

My favorite EE so far: AKA The Loudmouth.
ee.jpg

Another EE that I've taken a liking to:
S5032214.jpg

Some of our adventurous Barred Rocks:
br.jpg

S5032218.jpg

Some of the fluffy Buff Orpingtons:
S5032217.jpg

bo.jpg

And the all-too-cute RIRs:
rir.jpg

A couple group photos:
P1010286.jpg

all.jpg

'Watchya looking' at??'
S5032211.jpg

Last edited:
No way! When did they ship out? I'm down here below Asheville, wish I'd known you'd ordered, maybe we could have ordered together and I wouldn't have to deal with packing peanuts! hehe

Hope mine get here tomorrow. Were supposed to be shipping today. Did the USPS processing plant call you to come get them or your P.O?

Wheee! CHICKIES!
big_smile.png

CBee when were yours shipped?

They were supposed to be shipped on the 4th, but got delayed because of the big snow storm. (I think.) So instead they were shipped on the 9th.
love.gif

No way! When did they ship out? I'm down here below Asheville, wish I'd known you'd ordered, maybe we could have ordered together and I wouldn't have to deal with packing peanuts! hehe

Hope mine get here tomorrow. Were supposed to be shipping today. Did the USPS processing plant call you to come get them or your P.O?

Wheee! CHICKIES!

Oh my! That would have been a life saver! We'll have to remember each other if we order another time.
smile.png

I called the local PO 3 or 4 days before they were supposed to be shipped out to tell them we were expecting. They wrote down our number and told us they'd call. So yes, this morning around 9 they called and we went to pick them up.
smile.png

That's awesome!
smile.png
My mail man just brought me some eggs and he said he'll text me as soon as the chicks get there. He's going to take any packing peanuts that they send along and I may give him a few pullets, too, though he also knows he's going to get a bunch of what I have incubating right now.
wink.png

How exciting!
big_smile.png
I just love little chicks, they are too cute!

I tried incubating a few of our eggs a couple weeks ago, but all 9 died due to the dreaded blood ring. I couldn't snap out of my I-NEED-chicks-right-now phase, so I ordered these babies from Ideal only a few hours after the last egg died.

That's nice of you to do that for him.
smile.png
I wish we were friends with our mailman.
hugs.gif

I work at the P.O, but it's always helpful to have friends in there! Especially when they'll be delivering hatching eggs to me!
lau.gif
They know if they're not verrrrry careful with them, I know where they work!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom