my new barbu d'uccles :)

I have just found this online,hope this helps,,I have been asked multiple times, how can you tell the difference between the male and female silkie chicks? Well, you cant tell until they are about a month old. Some experts are able to feel them within the first 24 hours to tell if they are male or female, but if you hatch yours or buy them straight run, you dont know. We bought ours straight run. Whenever they are around one month old, look for the comb. Its a scrunched up thing on their beak/head. On light chicks, it's usually pink, but on the dark chicks, it can be black. As you can tell in the picture, the white chick to the right is a rooster, the one to the left is a hen. We have only tried this on silkies, but I'm sure the same rules apply to other chicks , sorry about the picture as it is abit blurred

I have just found this online,hope this helps,,I have been asked multiple times, how can you tell the difference between the male and female silkie chicks? Well, you cant tell until they are about a month old. Some experts are able to feel them within the first 24 hours to tell if they are male or female, but if you hatch yours or buy them straight run, you dont know. We bought ours straight run. Whenever they are around one month old, look for the comb. Its a scrunched up thing on their beak/head. On light chicks, it's usually pink, but on the dark chicks, it can be black. As you can tell in the picture, the white chick to the right is a rooster, the one to the left is a hen. We have only tried this on silkies, but I'm sure the same rules apply to other chicks , sorry about the picture as it is abit blurred
THANKS,I'm fixing to go check.

Me neither I made it up lol, but im really unsure of her colour now, shes beautiful anyway but it would be nice to know her colour cuz when she has chicks in the future x

I am told by a more experience D'Uccle keeper, that the colors are better in the second year. D'Uccles are quite 'slow' in the development area. It has been 5 months until I got my 1st egg and only one girl is laying!! They are definitely princesses.....
roll.png

I am told by a more experience D'Uccle keeper, that the colors are better in the second year. D'Uccles are quite 'slow' in the development area. It has been 5 months until I got my 1st egg and only one girl is laying!! They are definitely princesses.....:rolleyes:
Thank u for your post, im really impatient, xx

Back
Top Bottom