My new blue/black/splash Orpington eye candy.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KKluckers, Mar 10, 2008.

1. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Just thought I would share a few pictures of the flock I picked up over the weekend. They are massive. The gal I got them from showed some and wanted to reduce her flock by half. I was just lucky I came around at the right time. Im going to try to weigh the biggest hen later on today. Im guessing she is close to 12-15 lbs. They have already layed me three eggs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Very Pretty. Hard to believe that the tiny tiny chicks I have in the brooder will grow up that big. [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

OK....I'm officially jealous!! Why doesn't anything like that ever happen to me!!

4. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:Dont worry I share [​IMG] I found her on a local forum. I never have anything happen to me like this. I feel like I have won the lotto with how excited I was lol.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wow, gorgeous birds, Chris! That would really test my policy of never buying adult birds. What a temptation! Congrats!

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

They are very pretty girls...and guy. I'd be a lot more jealous if I hadn't finally had some luck hatching some!! Glad for you tho!! [​IMG]

While I'm thinking of it....did you ever email me the app form for the uoc?

7. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I'm getting eggs next month and I can't wait. [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Me too Cyn....I think my no adult birds brought home rule would go out the window!!!!

9. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:Me too Cyn....I think my no adult birds brought home rule would go out the window!!!!

I was telling myself that too. I just could not resist these guys though. Im going to put one of my girls from my flock with them now to see if they are carriers of anything. She was going to go to auction, but I rather know if these birds are hiding anything.

10. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:I will try to forward it to you again. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by