My new Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco - HATCH! pg. 6 (pic heavy)

I got mine Monday; plugged it in and it went to temp and stabilized in like 10 MINUTES! I feel like I've gone from a stone wheel to a Cadillac.
I transferred my 13 eggs and first candled to make sure there was something going on in there .
I think I have about 9 going for it; 2 clears and 1 blood ring--great for shipped--Thanks, Tracy!!!

So we'll see--I have about two more weeks...

Love this incubator...

Jen

Well, I'm on Day 10 with the duck eggs. Candled on day 7 and all fertile, one blood ring, so 17 are still going strong.
I got the $6 hygrometer at Walmart, have since ordered another off Amazon for comparison. The one I have consistently reads the temperature 2-3 degrees lower than the Eco's thermometer, so I am not sure if I trust the humidity reading. Supposed to only be accurate within 5%, the one I ordered to 1%.
I keep it in the incubator, it is little.
The temperature fluctuates maybe 0.2 degrees between night (house at 60 degrees), and day (house at 68 degrees). It is very easy to turn.
The humidity would be perfect for chicken eggs, but to get to 50-55% for the duck eggs I have had to add a small cloth that I tucked into one corner and get wet twice daily. I can pull it out and soak it and the temp goes down a degree, it is back up and stable again within a minute or two. I did this so I could keep the vent open at least 1/3 for good ventilation.
For hatching I will add a larger cloth stretched across the bottom and put a small red rubber feeding tube into the little hole in the back right of the lid (it has a picture of water drops near it) to use to add water without opening the lid. I will try to post pictures once it is set up.
So far I
love.gif
it!

I am still amazed at this ECO. I added some water for humidity and within 10 minutes it was back at the exact temp setting it was before I added the very cold water. I don't have eggs in yet, but testing it before setting some eggs. The temp hardly varies from the 99.5 setting.

I am going to purchase a cheap analog adjustable hygrometer to use, but I really don't think I will even have to be concerned as long as one of the water troughs contain water during the incubation period. Can't wait to set some eggs and see how well it works.

If you don't need a large incubator, this one has got to the best out there for the price. I think I said this before, but it is so quiet you have to check to see if it is even running. LOVE this thing!

I have mine setup for 60 quail eggs. With coturnix quail the sizes and shapes of the eggs are so different and the adjustable egg 'rails' are very handy to set them just the way you need them to compensate for the differences in egg sizes.

I was going to order one after reading this thread a couple of weeks ago, when I went to do it Monday, they are sold out, and not on sale anymore!
I looked around, my local had top hatches for 150, I got one, set it up and am loving it so far (regulated easily, turns, fan, which are all upgrades for me).

I should have bought one when they were on sale for 99$, but I waited to long and now they are sold out and back up to regualar price.. I still might buy one though. I wonder if there's anywhere else you can buy them for cheaper than the $129, or if thats as cheap as it gets.

Not sure if there are any more, but it is worth the 129.00 and more! Wish I had invented this incubator ...........

I'm trying to buy this incubator right now but I dont see an option to buy with paypal? Can I not pay for it using that?

Aparently they only accept credit/debit cards for payment. Looks like I'm going to have to transfer the money from my paypal account to my regualar bank account...

Last edited:
i really want to buy the octagon 20 advance ex incubator but its like $450 to $600 everywhere i look. where did guys get yours for only $99? and where can you get them used? thnx.

Back
Top Bottom