my new bun bun

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Gotta show off my new bunny:) She's an English Angora and I named her Truffles:)

We went and picked her up New Years day. I got her for less b/c I'm wasn't interested in her papers. I don't plan on showing or breeding. We spayed her at work Tuesday and she's doing great. All my buns in the past have been alot easier to litterbox train after being fixed. My male cinnamon learned his box right away after being neutered and Miss Truffles started peeing in her box yesterday. Her rug had no wet spots:) I'm so happy too b/c holy cow and the bunny pee she had everywhere!!! A smaller cage helps with training too so she figured out if she wanted to lay in a dry spot not to go there. If all keeps going great she'll get upgraded soon to a big area.

Here she is before surgery and before I shaved her whole under side off....she was matted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

congrats on your bun bun; I hope she has a long, happy, healthy life thanks to your care! [​IMG]

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Shes a fluffy girl. Very cute. [​IMG]

4. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] Awwww she is so CUTE! I love her!
    Congratulations!!!
    [​IMG] Mitzi

5. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks!! [​IMG]
    She's a sweet bun bun for sure!! I've never had one this nice so it's weird. My ones that passed years ago were a bonded pair and I think that's why they weren't sweet. Seymour's a nice bun but pefers not to be touched unless he wants to be.
    I do plan on being able to let them play together(I hope) but not stay together....just next door neighbors.

Here's a pic I took tonight of Seymour chillin on the edge of the fireplace that we can't use:-( it's gas and not vented so can't use b/c of my parrots in the same room.
    Speaking of birds....Waffles my Hahns Macaw alarmed for days after Truffles got here [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    Awe she is beautiful! Congrats!

7. herbandteas

herbandteas Chillin' With My Peeps

English angoras are the sweetest of the angora breed.

She is a pretty thing.

8. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Will you be sending her fur to a spinner to make yarn?

She is GORGEOUS. Kinda looks like the almost-Himalayan cat I used to have. [​IMG]

9. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    awww she so cute looking

10. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by