My New Chi Puppy!!!!!! Whooo hooo Tharrell!

People have said the same about AKC though too... There was a TV special a few years back about them registering a kitchen table and chairs with the AKC LOL

I don't remember the actual specs of what they registered it as....

I saw both the parents and the 3 other siblings but if he's mixed a little it won't really matter to me any.

Quote:
I kind of agree..

I have had Chihuahuas all of my life. In fact, I have 4 of them right now (Angel, Festus, Dooley, and Scooby.... ). We have had as many as 8 at one time whenever Angel and Festus (who was about 12 at the time) had puppies!

I also worked at a Vet clinic for over a year, in the kennel, with the dogs.. there was a sweet little Chiweeny that was named Jimmy.. Looked exactly like your pup, except he was black and fawn.

The only way I would be sure that he was 100% chi is if she had both the parents on site.. But because you said she had the girl get the mother and the pups...
idunno.gif

ETA: Just saw where you said that you saw both of the parents... I would still be a little suspicious.. but mixed dogs need love too!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
It obviously won't matter either way if he is mixed or not! But remember, more than one male can father a litter, so it might be that that could have happened. Who knows really. The only thing that makes me suspicious is his ear shape, and just the way his face looks. And you are absolutely right, you can register dogs incorrectly with AKC as well, but atleast they require DNA testing for frequenly used sires, and they will DNA test puppies if it is in question. But I have gone to look at litters that are AKC and seen puppies that are not even close to being purebred, lol! He will give you all the love in the world, purebred or not!

The only thing that gets me is that he has a funny ear. One ear tips over at the tip, it doesn't stand up fully all the time. Would that be normal for his age? I've seen him with it straight up on a couple of occasions but most times he has one straight and the other tipped...

Here are some more pics:

10529_dscf3297.jpg

10529_dscf3298.jpg

10529_dscf3299.jpg

10529_dscf3301.jpg

10529_dscf3302.jpg

10529_dscf3303.jpg

10529_dscf3304.jpg

What do you think?

Lots of pups are flop-eared, they will grow out of it.

If not, you have a unique pup!

Last edited:
The ears tipping are totally normal for puppies. They usually fall when they are teething. They say if they go up once, they will always come back up at some point! From those pictures he looks to probably be purebred, but just not bred very well. He has a badly shaped head, which is really common in pet quality chis! Just not the typical "apple head" you see in show dogs. Alot of people don't like that look though. This is my Rocky. He has a really nice headpiece so you can see what I'm talking about. I took this pic on my phone so it sucks.
0303091211a_0001.jpg

But like I said it doesn't matter anyway, I know you will love him to death, and he will do the same for you! And he is a cutie pa tootie!!!!

Oh, and I forgot to add, Irish marked chis are my absolute favorite! His colors are beautiful!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom