My New Chick is Choking from Little Water and Food

Chezca Chicken

Chirping
Mar 1, 2022
I have a new chick and it seems weak from the rest. It is also having a hard time in swallowing his food and he is not eating on his own at all. So, we are feeding him using syringe. Even giving him water seems choking him. What can I do to make it survive?

Is the food small enough for him? Have you tried making a mash from the food? Did you dip his beak in water so he could learn t drink? Be careful with the syringe, it could drown him.
He could not eat at all and he is sleeping all the time. We also isolated him from the other chicks since they are stomping on him. Don't worry about the syringe, the amount is very little. I want him to survive since he is also fighting for his life. Do you think he is just premature?

He could not eat at all and he is sleeping all the time. We also isolated him from the other chicks since they are stomping on him. Don't worry about the syringe, the amount is very little. I want him to survive since he is also fighting for his life. Do you think he is just premature?
He might be derformed internally, I'm sorry. there's not much you can do.

I have a new chick and it seems weak from the rest. It is also having a hard time in swallowing his food and he is not eating on his own at all. So, we are feeding him using syringe. Even giving him water seems choking him. What can I do to make it survive?
How old is it? Try touching his beak to beaten raw egg yolk. Don’t syringe it in, just take your finger and touch his beak with a drop. See if he can get a tiny bit of yolk in that way.

Do you have any nutri drench on hand? Put a single drop in a few drops of water, if you are using a syringe do it that way. You didn't say how old?
We have what my cousin is feeding to her baby love birds. This is noted. Thank you so much! Champ is a week-old. I feel sad because his siblings are so energetic, and he was the only chick that we encountered to be like this way.

Back
Top Bottom