My New Coop! 3/14 Today's progress pic on post #356

Looks TERRIFIC Jared!

Certainteed are a great shingle - we've got them on our house on the sections that aren't the org. metal and on our porches. We do have on the porches the underlayment (rubber membrane / ice shield) and we dont have much of a pitch on our porches. You should be okay but I'd still recommend something to seal the wood.

thumbsup.gif
job buddy!!

Buster,

I just clicked through all these pages and decided to add my complements to your building. I wouldn't mind living there if it had a bathroom.

Before you settle on roofing, check out ondura.com. This stuff is easy to install, durable, made from 50% recycled materials and it has a natural chimney effect to dissipate heat.

You might also ask Opa to send the link to his nest boxes. His are a refined version of the ones I built, but either have the same advantages. You can see mine at my personal web site link below and at my BYC blog page:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=17397

Dr.Doorlock :

Buster,

I just clicked through all these pages and decided to add my complements to your building. I wouldn't mind living there if it had a bathroom.

Before you settle on roofing, check out ondura.com. This stuff is easy to install, durable, made from 50% recycled materials and it has a natural chimney effect to dissipate heat.

You might also ask Opa to send the link to his nest boxes. His are a refined version of the ones I built, but either have the same advantages. You can see mine at my personal web site link below and at my BYC blog page:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=17397

Thanks for that. I'll check out the nest box. I've been in need of some good ideas for external nest boxes.

The roofing's fate is sealed because I got mine for free and I'm over-budget and out of money for anything else. I have to get this building functional before I get called back to work or it will sit just the way it looks now until next spring. I know this from past projects around my place that were begun during layoff and not completed forever!​

Can you do me a favor and get a picture from the back of the coop? I am thinking of copying you, but want the roof the other way. I just want to see it. If not that's fine
smile.png

It's looking really good!!! What ideas do you have to keep your eggs from freezing in external nesting boxes. I want to re-model my coop and make external boxes, but worry about the eggs freezing.

Quote:
That's a good point! Hmmmmmm....... I hadn't thought about it. What I may do instead is make nest boxes inside the coop that can be accessed from outside. I'm still playing with ideas for it.

Back
Top Bottom