My New Coop! 3/14 Today's progress pic on post #356

Did you go to your local DIY store to get swatches for your cheekins to pick the interior colors yet?

Me? Yup, as of a matter of fact, I am going to use a elimination process. After they are 4 weeks or so I am going to lay the swatches on the floor of the brooder for three days. Which ever two colors have the least amount of poop on them will be the two colors I use.
clap.gif
(I know, thank you, thank you)

As far as the outside, well I live in a 1966 fixer upper, a REAL fixer upper
hide.gif
, but the view is good so is the land. SO any addition of color and design will be nice. I was going to bring my brooder down today, but I woke up under the weather and need to smack down a few more of those homemade clear drinky things to get the cold out of my chest.

Hope you feel better TMP. I got back from the DIY store with linoleum and the correct length rafters and promptly took a nap (worn out from yesterday
wink.png
) My dad should be here soon and we'll get to work on the other two walls and the floor. I managed to make it to Home Depot and home again without hangers for the rafters and some longer nails that I wanted to use for anchoring the wall plates to the floor, but oh well, I'll get what I can done.

Are you using pressure treated for floor joists, or is it gonna sit on pressure treated to keep off the ground? I am building too, but had to see how things were going.

Glad to see some progress, are the boards suppose to run parallel? LOL,,,,it looks as if it might be a bit heavy when it's finished....but if you ship it to me in parts, I can assemble it here with the instructions....Great Job So Far.
Happy Hatch'en

Update:

My dad and I put the floor down. I need some more nails and a couple more 2x4's. We laid out what I have to do to frame up the side walls. I'm not sure if I can wrap my brain around all of it. I may have to call in backup because my dad will be unavailable until next Saturday.

Note to self: After borrowing Dad's skil saw for so long that you forgot where you got it from, don't let him see it after he wondered where it went long enough that he bought himself a new one.
gig.gif

Quote:
1-800-CALL-STEVE

Have 30-06 .... will travel

Well, not really.....but thought it sounded good. You must have a buddy who will work for beer....just don't give him the nail gun.....or the level.

Quote:
1-800-CALL-STEVE

Have 30-06 .... will travel

Well, not really.....but thought it sounded good. You must have a buddy who will work for beer....just don't give him the nail gun.....or the level.

gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom