My New Coop! 3/14 Today's progress pic on post #356

Quote:
I'd expect that you can read a pull tape within 1/4 of an inch
fl.gif
Hey, I dunno, it wasn't always that I could read a pull tape.

Now about those boards you said that you purchased, that were wrong
pop.gif
. Look it's too late now, you have already cut the wrong boards in the first place, which is why you had some wrong boards left over. It's kinda like what I do sometimes, build something from a kit or pre-package, there's always extra parts.
lau.gif
Don't be a cheekin to admit that you grab Dads (long term borrowed) skill saw and just started sawing away making saw dust to move the project forward.
clap.gif
As a friend, none of us would have given you a hard, we all make wistakes.
sickbyc.gif

Now the other point, or some advice, having that nail gun and such. It's better to rough in the door before you start zipping those 1.4 million nails out, or else you will have all the walls put up and you will be stuck inside with no way out but up and over.
thumbsup.gif

Building the coop has been a small family event here. Although we are just in the planning phase, my DD has stepped up to the line and has designed the coop for me. A chip off the ole block I'd say.
hugs.gif

P2230873a.jpg

I guess their getting a rug, a pond, grass covered hills, a picture of a dog on the wall and a nice roost over in the corner.
ya.gif

Last edited:
Love the model of the coop. Glad you don't have to call ADT for alarm services.
lol.png

My son has been telling everyone about his coop plans as well. He's very serious about it (he's 4).

I didn't end up borrowing the nail gun so I've been doing them all by hand, but I'm not sparing any nails for fear the building will come crashing down if I do, so I think I have it pounded together pretty good so far.
big_smile.png

Gotta watch all those spare parts in pre-packaged kits. They can be useful at times. I rebuilt the engine of a car once and had leftover parts when I was done. Car worked great for 6 months until I sold it.
gig.gif

I think I can still read a tape, I just don't want to screw up a bunch of 2x4's while trying to figure out how to put my windows in. I'm prone to doing that (I'm mechanically challenged).

I am glad I got the linoleum down. It started to rain not long after so I saved my sub-floor.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom