My New Coop! 3/14 Today's progress pic on post #356

It's all looking good to me. I'm sure your chickens will appreciate your efforts. It was great talking with you by the way. Glad to have helped.

Quote:
Thanks Sam. Your idea about framing the stationary windows length-wise made it look way better than if I had framed them in standing up. I think it will look great that way when I get it put together.

thumbsup.gif

I know its just a coop but you might want to put some headers and jacks in the window openings. Just a suggestion since you probably get a lot of snow there. Your roof pitch isn't very steep so it will accumulate alot of snow.

Last edited:
Quote:
These will be stationary windows so they won't have to move. My pitch is pretty good- I'm sloping from 8 ft to 5 ft in 10 ft and the coop will be underneath 50 ft spruce trees. What do you mean by jacks?

I was going to warn you about that left window on the north wall. So I called, and called, and called again. I was put on hold 114 times, each time was worse than the time before. During call holding number 17, your call holding might have been outsourced to India, but a gentlemen came on the phone and said " yes, this is John, and it's big band hair day at the office, how can I help you sir? "

I shouted " Hank Williams Jr. rocks " he said " yes, this is John, and it's big band hair day at the office, how can I help you sir? Sorry their is no Hank here, but for a small fee of $19.95 plus extra postage, we will include free of charge one extra set of male booby pasties."
th.gif

Hey, I am no builder, looks like you already have some window issues. You better get a couple of jacks and some headers.

It was back in 1993, when I had a couple of jacks, and some headers.

Wait I was drifting, not building a coop. You better look into this problem right away!!!! I am going to have a nap now thinking about 1993.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom