My New Coop! 3/14 Today's progress pic on post #356

Quote:
lol.png
You're funny Kimmie- If people knew all the mistakes I've made while building this coop, they would want me to stay far away from any construction on theirs.

DW bought me a new tape measure and the last of the braces I need on her way home from work, so at some point today, I'm going to brave low temps and wind and hopefully get the rest of the roof on.

Quote:
Good call. I only have one more full sheet to put up there and the rest will be cuts. I have two more rafters to put up as well. I can't finish the roof until Thursday because I need DW's help to hold the end rafter on the outside. But in the meantime, I can get roosts and nest boxes built and the rest of the window framing done. Good things to do today because the weather is downright miserable.

Suburban- Maybe I'll have to glue the tape measure in one hand and the drill in the other. It would be hard to climb the ladder like that though...

Quote:
With his wife at work he'd better make sure the kids or the dog can dial 911.

I was comforted yesterday by the fact that there was a construction crew working on the road next to where I was building the coop so I figured they would call 911 if something happened to me. I've been working with my 4 year old and teaching him how to dial 911. It's a good idea anyway. I don't think my dog is quite smart enough for that.
gig.gif

Buster, tie a line to your ankle so you won't blow away!! this is kite weather isn't it?? Real windy here too!
Be patient now and take your time finishing that piece of art!

Thanks Ozark. I went out and got the rest of the rafters up. I'm going to wait until tomorrow when I have help to do the last of the OSB on the roof. Hopefully the wind will have died down by then too.

Back
Top Bottom