My new favorite hot weather drink

BearSwampChick

Chicken Sensei
12 Years
Jan 10, 2008
Marysville, OH
I am totally in love with iced coffee with lots of crushed ice and milk! I've been saving part of my coffee in the morning and having it iced later in the day and chomping on the ice. It is so yummy. Almost like a coffee milk shake. It keeps me from snacking on other bad stuff! LOL

What's your favorite summertime drink?

I like "Russian Tea"
To make a gallon
You take iced tea (mix as directed or sun tea, unsweetened)
add to that 1/2 cup tang, crystal lite or OJ will work, you can add more sugar or prefered sweetener, but this is usually enough and a 1/4 tsp cloves. Stir together with Ice and refridgerate for 1/2 hour or more. Add more ice and let the guys at it, send them off with some in the cooler too, every bit helps- and for us ladies too, when you get done with the guys, sip yours on the back porch and enjoy it (shut the phones off and that is an order!
lol.png
)

Don't know why its refered to as Russian tea but anyways, its usually during haying season we would serve this for lunch time drink. Helps to hydrate, cure that potassium low that you get from working so hard in the sun.
Sometimes mom would make it with cranberry juice and cinnamon with the tea. Strange, but it was better then the switchel they used to make!
hmm.png

Spook, we used to make Russian Tea all the time to drink hot. I'll have to give the iced version a try!

Scootersmom, I've been making iced green tea, too. It's very refreshing!

And, of course, I drink lots of ice water, too. Boy, between sitting here in front of the computer on BYC and going to the bathroom from all this drinking, I don't get a whole lot done!
gig.gif

I do love those cherry limades from sonic. if you go between 2 and 4 it is half price you can get a huge drink to share between two people for a dollar...

I want to try that russian tea.. that sounds awsome..

you know the iced coffee from mcdonalds has iced tea added to it.. I wonder if that makes it less calories.. than say a frapachino..

but I absolutly love my morning folders capuchino.. mocha.. awsome!! it has directions for cold drink too but havent tried it..

Back
Top Bottom