My new favorite hot weather drink

This one is great for kids and kids at heart, esp if you grew up reading Roald Dahl.

Frobscottle (from the BFG)
8 ripe kiwi fruits, peeled
the juice of 1 1/2 limes
4 oz raspberry kefir
8 oz lemonade
12 oz cream soda

Puree kiwis and lime juice in food processor until liquified. Strain into pitcher ( or just pour it on in if you arent picky) Add kefir and stir well. Gradually mix in lemonade and then cream soda. Serve!

Quote:
Well, I don't think we intended for you to have hurt feelings and it was American culture. Sorry for the type of replies you recieved, but here in US it was this big deal to have Tang on the table, sorta keeping up with society.
You can still find Tang, a substitute for orange juice, except it is a powder. We use Crystal lite orange now due to the artificial sweetner.

I happened to think when I saw someone else mention Lemon Slices in water. On the market there are actually dehydrated orange, lime and lemon in packets that I love to keep with me, open at the movies and add a sweetnlow. It helps with that need for sweet and refreshing. I usually use lemon in my water in the summer evenings. Yum.

And Goatkeepers, thank you for mentioning where you are from. How much of a difference has it been? (thanks for the laugh tho)

Red Robin's Very Berry Raspberry Limeade
Raspberry and Lime Syrups, Sprite and fesh squeezed lime
I've experimented with different mixes here, like a natural raspberry syrup I found at the food co-op and diet Sprite.
Mostly I drink water, raspberry iced tea or lemonade. For me coffee must be HOT, light and very sweet.

Quote:
Yay! I found another Fresca friend! Except I like a shot of Gordon's Vodka with lots of ice and Fresca. I think some people call this a Russian martini. ~

Quote:
Yay! I found another Fresca friend! Except I like a shot of Gordon's Vodka with lots of ice and Fresca. I think some people call this a Russian martini. ~

Boy, those Russians know how to enjoy a beverage- lol...Russian Martini, Russian tea, mmmmmm!
I do love Fresca, with the gastric banding, that is one soda I can get away with. Don't know why or how, but its cool and refreshing.

I remember when Fresca first came on the market when I was in high school. It was sweetened by a now-banned artificial sweetener. Was that saccharine? Or am I thinking of something else?

Saccharine sounds right.. I don't "do" artificial sweeteners.
big_smile.png

Naw, I didn't have hurt feelings. I thought you guys did. Cause someone mentioned that they felt "old" after I posted that. I just wanted to clarify WHY I didn't know what it was.
Yeah, it has been really different.
smile.png
I miss German chocolates the most.
lau.gif

And bread, but I found a GREAT recipe and it makes darn near perfect german crusty bread.

Guess what I am making right now?? Russian Tea!
big_smile.png
I did find tang last night!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom