My new/first Call ducks!

Hmmm. So you know, I haven't contacted them yet. And they live about an hour away from me. I will keep you guys updated on what I do.:) Plus I haven't experienced winter with my birds yet. And having quiet a few birds might be tough.

Very smart to think it through first... and wise about winter... Calls are pretty easy as long as they have a dry, draft free, secure house at night...

If there's a phone number listed, you could call and ask to hear them... just a thought... :)

Very smart to think it through first... and wise about winter... Calls are pretty easy as long as they have a dry, draft free, secure house at night...

If there's a phone number listed, you could call and ask to hear them... just a thought... :)

Yeah, I don't want anyone getting hurt or wores.

That's a good idea, I will have to look at the ad again. :D

Thank you!

Hi everyone! I have had A and M for 3 weeks! The weather is going to be getting colder here, so they are going to live with my other ducks for the winter. I hope everyone will get along fine. It's really funny when they try to peck my other ducks, then my ducks run for it!
lol.png
They are tough little birds that's for sure.
smile.png
Here are some pictures.

Arthur. Look at that cute face!

Arthur and Merlin

Merlin

Hi everyone! I have had A and M for 3 weeks! The weather is going to be getting colder here, so they are going to live with my other ducks for the winter. I hope everyone will get along fine. It's really funny when they try to peck my other ducks, then my ducks run for it!:lol: They are tough little birds that's for sure.:) Here are some pictures. Arthur. Look at that cute face! Arthur and Merlin Merlin
Good luck with them and great photos. Thanks for the update!

@Spyderk117 those 2 boys are so gorgeous.. did you check about the 2 you saw on Craigslist? When you first put your 2 in with your other ducks you'll have to watch close that no one is getting overly picked on. You might want to gradually put them with the others instead of just putting them in there. Like an hr a day for a few days then try longer or have they all been together already?

@Spyderk117
    those 2 boys are so gorgeous.. did you check about the 2 you saw on Craigslist?  When you first put your 2 in with your other ducks you'll have to watch close that no one is getting overly picked on.  You might want to gradually put them with the others instead of just putting them in there. Like an hr a day for a few days then try longer or have they all been together already?

X2

You could crate Arthur and Merlin inside their house at night instead... just for the night a smaller space for them is just fine... :)

Hi everyone! I have had A and M for 3 weeks! The weather is going to be getting colder here, so they are going to live with my other ducks for the winter. I hope everyone will get along fine. It's really funny when they try to peck my other ducks, then my ducks run for it!
lol.png
They are tough little birds that's for sure.
smile.png
Here are some pictures.

Arthur. Look at that cute face!

Arthur and Merlin

Merlin
I didn't get a notification for this for some reason.
hu.gif
That's great! I hope they get along well! When are you moving them?

Thank you! I am probably not going to contact those people with the Calls. So I actually put them in the coop before reading this!
hide.gif
I have been having them all free range together, and no one pecks each other, only the Calls go after the other ducks sometimes.
big_smile.png
I do let the Calls hang out in the ducks pool and the pen during the day. Have been doing this for about 5 days, and everyone appears to be getting along fine.
smile.png

Thank you so much for the advice!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom