Well I took the advice of many of you on this forum to have a gravity-fed waterer with the use of the push-in nipples. I received my nipples in the mail yesterday and put them to the test. I didn't have the required 11/32" drill bit but had one just slightly bigger (don't know what size, it doesn't say on the bit) and then wrapped each nipple with teflon tape and it worked! No leaks whatsoever. And it probably took less than five seconds for my chicks to be drawn to it to the point that they all began pecking at them for their wonderful, clean, water. And no messes! You can see just one nipple (it was the test to see if it worked. Once it worked I put three nipples on that little bucket mainly so they wouldn't all fight or overcrowd the one nipple.) They love it!