My new kittens!

Omen is a great name. I'm still trying to decide what we're going to call these little fuzzballs.

They have such different personalities. The deaf dude is definitely a daredevil and fearless when it comes to the dog - or basically anything. I'm trying to keep them confined to one room right now, and they keep getting out of their "corner." So - I think we'll have to let them have the entire room (which isn't too big) and block the doorway off some how.

very cute babies.they are so fun at that age.i worked at a vet for years and we always tested all the white cats that came in,just in case.

the research stuff is interesting.
alot of dalmatians are deaf and they are born solid white.
there is alot of deafness in blue/red heelers and they are also born solid white.
there is a champion reining horse that i think is beautiful.he has a bald face with blue eyes-Gunner-don't know if he was found to be deaf but alot of his offspring is.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, this is where I learned about the color markings and deafness from a friend. Gunner (Colonel's Smoking Gun if anybody wants to google it) is deaf. Like the cats, it's horses with a lot of white on their face and/or in and around the ears, and they often have blue eyes too so you would indeed find that much more commonly in paints. It actually has been tied to his dam Katie Gun... an amazing mare. I had never heard about it/them until a friend in the western world told me about him. Can you imagine a deaf 1000 lb animal? Although I've heard it takes away a lot of the distractions for them...

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, this is where I learned about the color markings and deafness from a friend. Gunner (Colonel's Smoking Gun if anybody wants to google it) is deaf. Like the cats, it's horses with a lot of white on their face and/or in and around the ears, and they often have blue eyes too so you would indeed find that much more commonly in paints. It actually has been tied to his dam Katie Gun... an amazing mare. I had never heard about it/them until a friend in the western world told me about him. Can you imagine a deaf 100 lb animal? Although I've heard it takes away a lot of the distractions for them...

thanks,i wasn't sure if he was deaf or not.i guess since the horses move on pressure,it works well.

Not all of them are, but a good percentage of them will be deaf on the blue side!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom