My new muscovy ducklings!

Pics
The male is a Black Pied, and the 3 females are Chocolate Pieds. (Chocolate Father, White Mother)
Here is their Mother and Father:

Mother with all her ducklings the day they hatched:
View attachment 1333691
This is a picture of the father
View attachment 1333692
So what is pied exactly? Mostly white? Or any color with white on it besides the head? Most colored muscovy have white at the shoulders don't they? They aren't pied?

Pieds are Muscovy's with random patterns of white with another color.
This is a Black Bibbed Muscovy Drake
IMG_3126.JPG
These are Black Pieds
IMG_3146.JPG IMG_3147.JPG IMG_3148.JPG IMG_3156.JPG

So what is pied exactly? Mostly white? Or any color with white on it besides the head? Most colored muscovy have white at the shoulders don't they? They aren't pied?

This morning while getting their food and water around, Java Joe jumped out of the pool!
I heard a noise and looked around and there he was. :lol: Of course he doesn't want to be picked up, so I made it so he would go into the fence (as it was open for me to tend to them), and then scooped him up. I got my first scovy scratch. Yoweee. It hurt a bit. Kind of like getting clawed by a cat.
The weather is turning warmer so hopefully they will get some outside time soon and eventually getting into their own pen and house.
Maybe I should invest in duck gloves? I have chicken gloves, but don't handle the ducks with them yet.

I am surprised Java Joe was first. Mocha has tried quite a few times and so has Blossom while I was right there. :D

Back
Top Bottom