My new muscovy ducklings!

Pics
@oldhenlikesdogs I thought about removing the shelf, but not sure how easy it would be without tearing up the side. I am thinking a nesting area, might work under there. I can brace a roost between the two side windows. :thumbsup

View attachment 1360735 View attachment 1360736 View attachment 1360737 View attachment 1360738 I have been out most of the day getting the fab 4's duck house ready. I almost made it, but it was getting late and a really cold breeze whipped up which reminded me how tired I am. Plus, the ducklings had been out too and they needed to go back into the building. We made it just in time for the rain to start!
Anyway, here are a few photos, I didn't take any towards the end though with the top on.
Oh, I also painted the chickens nest box which is an old cabinet that I am repurposing. I just have a before shot (well semi before shot).

Mine only roost in winter they are too busy making their nest in the shaving at bed time to nestle down to lay their egg to roost in spring and summer. But they do like to roost.
Beautiful scovies:love
Your house looks great I am sure they will love living in there :thumbsup

The Muscovy ducklings are out of the brooder now! I posted in another thread and reposting here as I cannot think much more. I am beat!
Started working outside at around 9 am. Just got in. I skipped lunch. :th
Everyone is in and settled. I am thinking, I need something to prevent diggers, but we have heavy duty bird netting to keep out birds of prey and electric fence wire for climbers.
The ducklings were so cute when I put them in the run. JJ was in the playhouse coop and the door had been open, but he did not come out until I went and got the girls. :)
He heard Beanie and peeped, she ran around and peeped, but didn't find one another. I put Blossom in and Beanie ran to her head down like she was about to take off and that she found her long lost friend. It was so cute! :weeJJ came out by then. I put Mocha in last and they were all strutting and peeping. A little muscovy hissing.
They were pretty excited. Of course they are all still acting like a collective one. I was out with them for hours and no problems from JJ. Until, I locked them into the pen with the pool so that we could put up the bird netting. Once he was in close quarters, he started nipping again. I wrangled up the chickens and made them go to their side and let the ducklings out. No more nipping.

Pics:
20180429_155154.jpg
20180429_162928.jpg
20180429_162907.jpg
20180429_131748.jpg

I went out to check on everyone and the ducklings had already put themselves into their new house. :love
It was probabaky a coincidence, but I still love it!
The chickens were not as eager to be in their new coop! :gig

Back
Top Bottom