My New Rooster Doesn’t Crow at All

CornellSastracha

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
I just bought a rooster to add to my flock of hens. I have 12 hens black australorp, araucana, and white leghorn. The rooster is an Orpington mix. I kept him apart from my flock for a few days, but now he’s integrated. He’s very nice and lets me just walk over and pick him up. He’s between 8 months to one year old.

Here’s the weird thing. The whole time I’ve had him, he has crowed at all. Not even once. He doesn’t seem sick or hurt or anything. I’ve had him less than a week. Is this unusual? What’s going on?

I just bought a rooster to add to my flock of hens. I have 12 hens black australorp, araucana, and white leghorn. The rooster is an Orpington mix. I kept him apart from my flock for a few days, but now he’s integrated. He’s very nice and lets me just walk over and pick him up. He’s between 8 months to one year old.

Here’s the weird thing. The whole time I’ve had him, he has crowed at all. Not even once. He doesn’t seem sick or hurt or anything. I’ve had him less than a week. Is this unusual? What’s going on?
Enjoy it! A non-crowing rooster is a blessing.

Could you attach a pic of him please? Are you sure he's a boy?
Do you have any other rooster? Sometimes the dominant one doesn't let the others crow.
He’s definitely a roo. I have no other roosters. He came from a flock with four Roos though and the pulleys have been pecking him. Poor dude.

Attachments

• 6AB6234A-CB9F-489D-A089-50A365EE19AD.jpeg
    6AB6234A-CB9F-489D-A089-50A365EE19AD.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 40
Oh wow yes. Definitely a boy.
I also love the sound of a roosters crow 😂
And they all have a different crow.
One of my previous boys never learnt to crow properly and always had a stutter.
It was actually really cute.

Back
Top Bottom