My new Seramas from ChickenAddict *PIC HEAVY!!*

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking. Ebony's the same size as Ninja and they hang together. They're the little barefoot clique
big_smile.png

One of the bantams, the first hatched, is HUGE compared to all the other chicks. I think I'm going to name it Monster
tongue.png
Very sweet, though.

I can't believe how laid back they are compared to the quail. I pick them up, they go to sleep or sit in my hand looking at me. Quail would jump off, peep their heads off like I was killing them, or cr*p on me.
tongue.png

T'Oliver is not impressed with the chicks. Tennyson is also not happy at these noisy little interlopers in HIS room
big_smile.png
Peaches is agitated, pacing back and forth and making odd little purry clucky noises. I hope the babies spur her into getting on with the egg laying!
-Spooky

Congratulations on all your new babies!!

So glad you had such a successful hatch. Sorry about the messed up chick. It's no fun when you get a special needs chick that yiou just know won't make it
hit.gif
(don't ask me how I know this)

I woke up to two eggs in Peaches' nestbox today
big_smile.png
wee.gif
She may have laid one yesterday - either she or Tenny was always in the nestbox so I couldn't see. I have no space in the 'bator yet, because I'm helping WiseChicks with a hatch. I'll probably pull 'em so they don't encourage her to go broody yet.
big_smile.png

In other news, little twisty neck is still alive and seems to be doing a little better. I can't figure out how this chick is alive. I can't see it eat, ever, I'm not syringe feeding it though I am making sure it gets liquid. I keep expecting to find it dead, but it keeps surprising me, so I guess we'll just see.
hu.gif

-Spooky

Awww sweet!!!!! Im jealous none of mine started to lay yet. I would hold off on hatching any of her eggs for at least a month just to be sure they are nice and fertile and good sized, they start out really small, size of a quarter? Im sooo excited for you!!!! congrats
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom