My new silkie coop and run (a work in progress). Update new pics.

willowcol

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Macclesfield NC
Well my husband was putting off building my silkie coop, then he found this shed for $200 the people had to have it moved as they were moving. It is 16X10. Kind of ugly but at least its very solid and was already built! Its also alot bigger then the coop I wanted for my 6 BBS silkies and 4 white (so you know what that means hehehe). He divided the inside into 5 6ft by 3 ft pens so that leaves me 4ft 16 foot walkway and storage. So here is how it looked yesterday morning.
16913_gedc0631.jpg

Went to Builders discount got some wood, then to my old house (where my oldest daughter lives) and tore down a lean to we had bulit on the side of the shed. This gave us the 4x4s and the roof tin ect. So we didn't get started til about 2pm yesterday on the coop. here is what we got done day 1.

16913_gedc0634.jpg

16913_gedc0636.jpg

The wire will go on the inside of the lattice, my husband said this will look better from the road. I wish we got more done yesterday, but we are about to go work on it more so hopefully it will look almost done by tonight.

Ok we got some done today. Not as much as I hoped. The roof is on and the other end is done, we framed in for the separate runs, and then he put some temporary wire at the bottom so I could at least let them play and explore abit. Hopefully this week we can finish.

16913_gedc0671.jpg

Exploring thier new run.
16913_gedc0674.jpg

Well its been a busy 2 days. I can actually say its almost done, just a little bit more trim and then a major clean job. Hope everyone likes it.
16913_gedc0721.jpg

16913_gedc0720.jpg

Last edited:
Cool!
cool.png

I would love to find an old building to convert. How did you get it to your property?
Love the idea of the lattice...that would make a nice wind/snow break in my area.

It was pretty easy to move, if you know someone with a car trailer. Just jack up the building taller then the trailer put blocks under the corners. Back the car trailer under the building, have blocks on the trailer to help support the building. then slowly lower the building onto trailer, tie it down tight! then when you get to where you are putting it do the same thing again put blocks where the corners are jack the building up on the trailer and put blocks from the ground then drive out from under it, if its to high just jack up each corner and remove blocks until its how you wnat it. Took us about a hour.

We haven't decided on siding yet, I figured I would see if anyone has scrap siding they are taking down ir left over from a job on craigslist and in the bargain trader first. My husband is still not back I am getting so mad I want to get working on this again. He went to help a friend, hope he gets back soon.

Back
Top Bottom