small grain growing/harvesting
Making Hay & Silage
Seeding, Drilling
Getting tractors stuck and un-stuck

5) Professional

Civil Engineer

Yes, I'm bored.
clap.gif

I have WAY too much work to do with the dayjob, so I'm distracting myself from that fact I'm overwhelmed and this week will suck!

So, of course, random internet musings makes the situation worse; but I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

lol.png

Those of us on here at work are avoiding SOMETHING. I am avoiding send out letters to disabled people that were denied service and have requested an appeal. I hate those letters!!!!

Greyfields, with so few choices, how do you expect anybody to have any questions?

(Half way down the list, I was expecting to see minor brain surgery and advanced rocket science.)

Last edited:
One of my dearest friend is a rocket engineer. He talked a lot about rockets, science, sattelites and ICBM's before moving to Flordia.

I need to add daydreaming to that list.

Quote:
I'm tempted to do a Holstein bull calf next year for veal. I think it's moral to use dairy bull calves for meat, rather than just shooting them in the head like many dairies do. I find veal, if raised ethically, is moral to eat. And it's delicious meaty goodness, too.

We milk our Nubians and make chevre. I have calculated it time and time again what it would take to do it commercially... I think $25k and we could be in production. I'd have to quit the day job though, so it would have to be large enough scale to replace my current income. It would be a huge plunge!

As far as cows go.... I do love the Jerseys with their big, black doe-eyes.

Quote:
Angus/Simmental crosses, all of them. They were all AI'd to Red Angus bull this year. I have 2 greys, 1 red, 1 blue and one orange with teh white simmental face. :0

Back
Top Bottom