My not quite finished coop...so far..

So this weekend I tackled putting the back doors on my coop so that clean up will be a lot easier. Over all I think it turned out well and will make things a lot easier.

20190910_133957.jpg
20190910_184329.jpg
20190910_190504.jpg

On a side note when I took the back wall off of the coop to start building the door I noticed up in the far corner we had our first two eggs from the flock!!! So the egg production begins..lol.
20190909_125704.jpg

I do have a question though, the hen that is laying has laid three eggs so far and none of them are in the hen houses just up in the front of the coop on the floor. Will she find her way into a hen house soon er or later or will she just keep laying them on the floor. I ask this because I am about to build my access door to the hen houses but if something needs to be changes with them I would much rather do it before I cut a giant hole in the side of me coop. This is what my hen house set up looks like I have since removed the top blocker board to try to encourage them to get inside but I dont think any of them have been in them.

20190713_193731.jpg

So this weekend I tackled putting the back doors on my coop so that clean up will be a lot easier. Over all I think it turned out well and will make things a lot easier.

View attachment 1904493 View attachment 1904494 View attachment 1904495

On a side note when I took the back wall off of the coop to start building the door I noticed up in the far corner we had our first two eggs from the flock!!! So the egg production begins..lol.
View attachment 1904496
I do have a question though, the hen that is laying has laid three eggs so far and none of them are in the hen houses just up in the front of the coop on the floor. Will she find her way into a hen house soon er or later or will she just keep laying them on the floor. I ask this because I am about to build my access door to the hen houses but if something needs to be changes with them I would much rather do it before I cut a giant hole in the side of me coop. This is what my hen house set up looks like I have since removed the top blocker board to try to encourage them to get inside but I dont think any of them have been in them.

View attachment 1904501
They will figure it out. Get em a bunch of straw/bedding in the nest boxes and some fake eggs or golf balls to attract their notice. Purdy coop!

Back
Top Bottom