My old dog Zak died this morning

banter

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Raymond Maine
Zak died this morning at home and without pain. His old heart just stopped and I was with him until the end. He will be missed. He was an Aussie and we had the same birthday-January 1st!

Zak-1993-2008 almost made 16 years old

100_2982.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a handsome ol' fella, and a lucky ol' fella, too. He was happy and safe in a loving home for 16 years, then died so effortlessly, Zak beat the odds!
Congratulations on being a fine family for Zak, many dogs wish they could be so lucky. I only hope my much loved Aussie, who, incidently looks very much like Zak, will make it to a great age and die with peace and respect in the arms of love as Zak did.

I'm so sorry. As a dog lover it just breaks my heart when I hear someone lost their friend. He lived a long life. You should be very proud of the wonderful life you gave him. I know you will have many years of good memories.
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear of your loss of Zak. Several yrs ago I lost my first furry baby, Dixie, who was a chow & german shepherd mix. I
hit.gif
several times a day for almost a month before I remotely got over her death. I felt like I'd lost a real child, even though she was only a dog. She was the first dog I ever had and even though I have 3 rt now, she was still the best (smartest, most loyal, best behaved). It will get better. I still talk to her outloud if I need to vent about something and it comforts me. Just know your BYC friends are sending lots of
hugs.gif
your way!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom