My old hen has lime green poop on her feathers below her vent

Pics
Broken toe passed away at 8:09am march 29 2022.
I am going to describe somewhat on how she died just a warning or whatever..... It isn't bad or anything Idk just figured it would be a good Idea to write this down.
Thank you @Wyorp Rock for al the help and info you gave and @BigBlueHen53 and every one else! I hope everyone has a great day.
Here is one of my favorite pictures of Broken toe, I took this picture a couple months ago.
20220118_153127_HDR.jpg

I was sitting next to her talking to her, I tried comforting her, she looked uncomfortable and in pain I was telling her that she was going to be alright and that she was good chicken and the best hen ever (every hen is the best hen ever) I didn't think she was going to pass as soon as she did, a few minutes prior to her passing I told her that it would be all over soon and that here would be no more pain thinking that we would be able to put her down. whenever she would try resting her head the liquid from her crop would come up. When she tried resting her head for the i think was the fourth time she must have inhaled some of the liquid. After that happened she tried/took a couple breaths she started flapping her wings and her head moved a lot her crop emptied and then she stopped. I sat with her for a little bit and said goodbye, she is now in the carrier.
I am getting ready to bury her.
Thank you everyone for your help, and the answers to my questions earlier would be nice still that way maybe others can see them.

Dying is not comfortable without people quality medical treatment and even then there's no guarantees. Have you talked to your parents about ending her misery yet? I'm sorry you are having to go through this, but she has had a long happy life. It seems like it is likely time to give her a peaceful and quick exit.
Wish I could have, my mom isn't even up yet I don't think and my dad is at work. She did have a long life I wanted to make her few years better then before I think I did A pretty good job of that. Thank you, I will figure out what to do for the next time a chicken or duck gets sick that way they don't have to go out like she did but sometimes unexpected things happen and you can't put them down. I wish I could have helped her to have a better death, she went on her own I was there to try comforting her. I spoke to her before and after she went.
You have a great day @chickfused and everyone else!

:hugs I'm sorry to hear about Broken Toe :hugs

Thank you for sharing your favorite photo of her❤️

Thank you for taking care of her and making every effort to give her comfort.
I'm sure you will miss her and it was sad to see her go.

You mentioned you had some questions, I may have missed those, so if you can ask again, I'm sure we will do our best to help you with those.

:hugs I'm sorry to hear about Broken Toe :hugs

Thank you for sharing your favorite photo of her❤️

Thank you for taking care of her and making every effort to give her comfort.
I'm sure you will miss her and it was sad to see her go.

You mentioned you had some questions, I may have missed those, so if you can ask again, I'm sure we will do our best to help you with those.
Thank, for all your help!
I am not entirely sure what those questions were right now, I just reread through this thread and didn't see any that were unanswered I think.
:hugs
You're welcome, Angelina. Thank you for taking such good care of little Broken Toe.
Thank you!
RIP Broken Toe! I was really hoping she would pull through but she isn't in pain anymore and she died knowing she was loved. :hugs
Thank you! I was hoping she would too, I am glad I at least got a lot of memory's and photos of her before her passing, I haven't been able to do that with many of my other chickens.
Thank you all so much! I hope you all have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom