My one rooster is getting overly aggressive

Unfortunately, it's usually next to impossible to discourage an aggressive rooster's behavior. :hmm I've tried everything from pinning, throwing objects in his general direction, carrying him around like a football, ect.. It seems these overtures did nothing more than frighten him into attacking yet again.

Go ahead and attempt every method if you wish. :) I can't guarantee good results, but it's worth a shot.

~Alex

Last edited:
Like everyone is saying, if you want to keep him, by all means attempt to sway him to the light. But just don't get your hopes up.
I don't know if breed has everything to do with it, I know some are more prone to aggression, but my Bielefelder rooster has zero human aggression. I know there are are other breeds out there that are also more prone to be docile towards people...maybe try one of those? Unless you are trying to breed pure that's what I would do.
I am pro-rooster. I really like having a rooster in my flock; the dynamic is so much better because of it.

Like everyone is saying, if you want to keep him, by all means attempt to sway him to the light. But just don't get your hopes up.
I don't know if breed has everything to do with it, I know some are more prone to aggression, but my Bielefelder rooster has zero human aggression. I know there are are other breeds out there that are also more prone to be docile towards people...maybe try one of those? Unless you are trying to breed pure that's what I would do.
I am pro-rooster. I really like having a rooster in my flock; the dynamic is so much better because of it.
I am currently working with him he has no aggression when he is picked up an held,he doesn’t kick squak or fight you no pecking at you either...Think he is just going from juvenile to full adult an think his hormones are getting bigger than him,I am full for having a rooster as well, but I do have a second rooster that can take his place if he chooses to not comply..with slowing down his aggressive behavior....An yes everything I read an have found says that Rhode Island Red rooster have the perpencty to be obnoxious...An thank everyone
For their suggestions,at moment I’m catching him an carrying him around like a football...for a good 15 min at a Time ,we shall see how he acts in the next coming days today is cleaning chicken area ....

Back
Top Bottom