my peachicks gona die !!! :(

uaeboy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 2, 2014
Hi every one

I got Indian peafowl and i put all egges in incubating

i give them for first week Water and sugar then for second week for 5 days i give them Antibiotic then 2 Days Break

while they are 3 Weeks old they lay and they don't move so much as before

what is the problem :( I lose 6 peachicks until now

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

I'm having the same problem with my peachicks, at first the vet told me to sterilizes the room because he think gets a newcastle virus from other chicken chicks and he was right, after i sterilized the room my next hatch of peachicks seems fine until they reach 10 days old they will start to fall down without eating, then i almost lost chick everyday.
Some people told me i should worm the parents again, i know this will made the males sterile for long time which may means i will not get any other peachicks this season but it seems this my only option.

Hope someone can help us with this.

Hi every one

I got Indian peafowl and i put all egges in incubating

i give them for first week Water and sugar then for second week for 5 days i give them Antibiotic then 2 Days Break

while they are 3 Weeks old they lay and they don't move so much as before

what is the problem :( I lose 6 peachicks until now

Very sorry to hear you are losing your chicks
sad.png
, we will need more information to try to help. Where are you keeping them from the time they hatch, are they in contact with any other chicks, are they in a brooder or cage that other chicks have been in? Have they had any contact with soil? Do you worm the parents regularly? What are you feeding them? As much as you can tell us, it is hard to figure out what is happening to them when we are not there to see these things for ourselves.

i keept them in cage under light 60 watte
i givet them warm and tometo also i will attach the pic today

i keept them in cage under light 60 watte
i givet them warm and tometo also i will attach the pic today

Do you have any chick starter feed for them? Medicated with amprollium is best. Worms are not good to feed chicks as they can carry the disease histomoniasis( blackhead) which will kill your chicks unless they are treated with metronidazole.

Okay, I see the worms are meal worms and are probably pre-packaged and those are safe. Do you feed any kind of grain products, like chick starter, or crumbles or pellets, or scratch grain? If not they may just need grains, the worms are high in protein, but they will need grains as well. The poop looks runny/watery but that could be because the worms are not giving them enough bulk in the diet. And have you given them any chick grit, it will help them to digest their food, they need the grit in their crop to grind up the food they eat.

Last edited:
Meal worms are fine in moderation, but too many of them could be a problem in that diets in excess of 30% protein can cause visceral gout and death. A necropsy would be a good idea.

-Kathy

Okay, I see the worms are meal worms and are probably pre-packaged and those are safe. Do you feed any kind of grain products, like chick starter, or crumbles or pellets, or scratch grain? If not they may just need grains, the worms are high in protein, but they will need grains as well. The poop looks runny/watery but that could be because the worms are not giving them enough bulk in the diet. And have you given them any chick grit, it will help them to digest their food, they need the grit in their crop to grind up the food they eat.
i Give them grain products also some of crumbles , also pellets but they don't eat much , i put one of chicken chicks to teach them and it do ,

also i will give them chick grit as u said

Back
Top Bottom